After waiting for seven weeks, one TAB punter has celebrated Saturday's racing at Randwick and Caulfield after collecting $282,861.60 from a $60 multi.
The TAB customer in question placed a $60 seven-leg racing multi on August 29 and the final two legs occurred today with Gytrash having to finish in the placings of the TAB Everest and Verry Elleegant running in the top-three of the Caulfield Cup.
The $60 seven-leg multi at odds of $4714.36 which has resulted in a $282,861.60 collect were:
• Anders to win the San Domenico Stakes at Rosehill on August 29 $3.20
• Behemoth to win the Memsie Stakes at Caulfield on August 29 $3.57 *
• Imaging to place [finished third] in the George Main Stakes at Randwick on September 19 $3.50
• Probabeel to place [won] in the TAB Epsom at Randwick on October 3 $2.75
• Angel Of Truth to place [finished third] in The Metropolitan at Randwick on October 3 $3.50
• Gytrash to place [finished third] in today’s TAB Everest at Randwick $3.50
• Verry Elleegant to place [won] today’s Caulfield Cup $3.50
* Behemoth was $4.20 to win the Memsie Stakes before the late scratching of Savatiano
“The wait has been worth it for the TAB punter in question after Verry Elleegant not only finished in the top-three but held off the highly-rated Irish galloper Anthony Van Dyck to win the Caulfield Cup,” TAB’s Trent Langskaill said.
“However, this TAB customer will forever be indebted to the Gordon Richards-trained Gytrash after he finished third in the TAB Everest over Trekking by essentially a nose in a photo finish.”