Sunday’s Echuca meeting transferred to Warracknabeal

Racing Victoria (RV) and the Echuca Racing Club (ERC) advised on Saturday afternoon that the Echuca meeting scheduled for Sunday has been transferred to Warracknabeal owing to wet weather.

After receiving 24mm of rain since Tuesday, 10mm of which fell overnight, the track was inspected by RV Stewards’ on Saturday morning with the surface deemed unsuitable for racing.

With showers continuing on Saturday afternoon and the track unlikely to dry in time for Sunday’s meeting, the decision was made to transfer the meeting to Warracknabeal which is currently rated a Soft 6.

As a result of the transfer, there are a number of distance and field size changes and all scratchings have been reinstated with trainers having until 7:30am tomorrow to scratch from the meeting.

The updated program for the Warracknabeal meeting, is as follows: