KOREA: Sunday April 4, 2021
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(9) MORNING HILL was an impressive winner first up on February 28th making all in a fast time. He stretches out to 1200M today but if he has come on at all from that performance, he will take some beating here. The main danger is set to be a first-time starter. (4) YES I CAN trialed well, running on strong for 2nd place in his heat in a competitive time. The 1200M should suit and he can go well. (11) BORAQUEEN has fair form over her three outings to date. She led last time before battling on for 5th and is likely to improve off that run. (10) MODERN GOLD drifted well back in the field on his first start but got himself together to come home quite well and could sneak into a place. (2) YEONGWANUI HAENGJIN hasn’t pulled up many trees in two starts so far but previously showed some speed in a trial and the engagement of a top jockey today suggests improvement is expected.
|Selections||(9) Morning Hill (4) Yes I Can (11) Boraqueen (10) Modern Gold|
|Next Best||2, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
There’s not a whole lot of exposed form here so (7) TEUKGWON might be the one to go for. He’s only raced twice and was a good 4th on debut before being on pace on his first attempt at 1200M back in January and battling on for 5th. He’s had a couple of months off since and should be right in the thick of things today. (3) SINUI ADEUL was in a handy position on his latest start before being hampered and losing ground. Disregard that and instead go on his two 4th places prior to that and he comes into contention. Also in contention is (4) THUNDER K. He has hinted at some ability and races for the first time since November having trialed well. The apprentice claim and the good draw put him in the calculations. (8) ROSEDAY MARINE is also in the hunt as is solitary debut-maker (9) BEOWULF.
|Selections||(7) Teukgwon (3) Sinui Adeul (4) Thunder K (8) Roseday Marine|
|Next Best||9, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Fillies only here and there are two previous winners among them. (9) YULONG STAR was a good winner two starts back at 1200M before running a good 4th last start when worked hard to get on the pace before battling on gamely. An apprentice claim takes 3kg off his back and puts him right in the mix. (8) JOYFUL K came home 5th in the same race having been quite wide before making good ground late. She won at 1200M last November and is at least worthy of a place line today. The one they both need to beat is (2) SARYEONI QUEEN. She recorded a 3rd and a 2nd in two starts last summer and while she hasn’t raced since August, she trialed adequately enough in February and has every chance first-up from a great draw to lead. (3) MISS ELITE and (7) NONGBON RAK are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(2) Saryeoni Queen (9) Yulong Star (8) Joyful K (3) Miss Elite|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 8, 9|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Fillies get the Busan card underway and there’s going to be a warm favourite. (3) FLAT BABE came close to making all on debut over 1400M back in January, just getting overhauled in the closing stages by Looking Cat. Back in trip today but well drawn and with Perovic remaining aboard, she looks hard to beat. Draw a line through the latest effort of (4) HAEUNDAE BADA. She’s been back to trial since and her previous efforts suggest she should be aiming to place here. Similarly, (6) CHONGMA HWANGHU and (7) ENOUGH both hinted at ability on debut to the extent that we can overlook their respective latest showings and give them another chance here. There are five first-time starters and (1) MAGIC HILL and (11) AREUMDAUN GAMDONG both looked competent enough in trials.
|Selections||(3) Flat Babe (4) Haeundae Bada (1) Magic Hill (6) Cheonhma Hwanghu|
|Next Best||7, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 14|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(1) ULTRA KING come sin off a good 3rd place at start number four when after showing good speed, he led a similar field for a time and fought on well. From the inside gate he should get an easier run today and is the one to beat. (3) BRAVO MAY came home in 4th place in that races continuing his record of always being there or thereabouts. That should be maintained today although once more he is likely to find one or two too quick. (4) CURRERECUS has the form to be in the finish. He beat three of these on his way to 2nd place in a good time over 1400M last start and with a good draw today, he is worth considering. (6) OFFICER COMMANDING was 5th but close to the winner last start in a good time at the distance. She also has a 2nd over 1300M and is firmly in today’s frame. (8) ROYAL YEONGGWANG the best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) Ultra King (4) Currerecus (3) Bravo May (6) Officer Commanding|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 8, 10|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(11) WILD BLUE is the one to beat here. He has two 2nd place finishes and a 4th from his three outings so far, running on strong in each. He steps up slightly in trip which should be to his benefit and if Perovic can find a handy spot for him, he should be too strong. (14) GREAT GO remains winless but has been consistent across her eight outings to date. She led for much of the way around last start before running 2nd over 1400M and while the widest gate isn’t ideal, she can overcome it to go close. (5) PICTURE JASPER ran a good 3rd on debut, running on strong over 1000M and looks poised to build on that today. (9) FIRST WIND is the only prior winner in the field and while his latest two have been a touch disappointing, he shouldn’t be overlooked. (13) KING BID another in the hunt.
|Selections||(11) Wild Blue (5) Picture Jasper (14) Great Go (9) First Wind|
|Next Best||13, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 9, 11, 13|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(1) CATCH CHARM is a winner of two from two so far and is yet to see the rear of another horse at any time in her racing career. She is up in class here but she has won at this distance already and the inside barrier and Moon Se Young up again make her hard to beat. (2) STAR WARS is similarly up in class here, in his case following a win and two runner-up finishes. He comes down in the weights as well which should help his placing claims. Also with significant claims, at least on a place is (7) SEO E BEONJJEOK. He has won at this distance and was a close 2nd last start when handy but wide. She’s not been worse than 5th in her four outings and she should at least maintain that record. (4) GIVEN RUNNER and (9) SUN OF STORM are others with solid placing claims.
|Selections||(1) Catch Charm (2) Star Wars (7) Seo E Beonjjeok (9) Sun Of Storm|
|Next Best||4, 13|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 12, 14|
Busan Race 3: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(9) DUMUSAN was a last start winner, breaking through at start number five. His form prior to that had only been fair but fair is enough to go on top in this modest contest. He’s generally slow away but has a nice turn of foot and so long as he doesn’t give them too much of a head start, should have too much. (11) WONDERFUL SECRET ran 4th behind Dumusan last start, sticking to task well. He’ll try to get to the front here and should still be around at the business end of the race. (7) CHEONGDAM DRIVE has a couple of 3rd place finishes to his name and that’s enough to put him in the placing frame again today with the likes of (5) DIVINE QUEEN and (6) BABEL STAR also capable of picking up a minor cheque.
|Selections||(9) Dumusan (11) Wonderful Secret (7) Cheongdam Drive (5) Divine Queen|
|Next Best||6, 13|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 11|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 35 Million
Quite some race for a class 4. (7) DAEJIUI YEOIN comes in having won four out of four across a period spanning a year. She’s won from both on pace and handy and it’s hard to go against her making it a perfect five here. We can disregard the latest start of (1) BLUE K. She had to work hard from the widest gate to be on pace but was eased out of the race at the 300M. Instead we’ll go on her previous consecutive wins at this distance, with plenty of her rivals here chasing her home and with a much better draw today, she should be back to her old self. (11) DONGJJOK GLORY is up in class but down in weight and going for a hat-trick today. He is a model of consistency and the step up in distance won’t be a problem for him. (2) MONEY CHAMP is ultra-consistent in being close up at all recent starts. The draw helps his chances of maintaining that record here. (5) CHOIN GANGJA is best of the rest.
|Selections||(7) Daejiui Yeoin (1) Blue K (11) Dongjjok Glory (2) Money Champ|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6, 7|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
Good little race this but (1) GALAXY ROAD is set to be a strong favourite. A winner of two from five so far, he drops back to tackle the 1400M for the first time after some excellent work over a mile. From the inside gate he will race relatively handy and should be too strong in the closing stages. (10) TRIUMPH KING ran 2nd on debut before running out a winner when stepped up to a mile for his second start on January 15th. He’ll be on pace and should stick around for the business end of the race. (2) YEONGGWANGUI TEUKG has steadily improved in his recent races culminating in his maiden win at start number twelve over this distance on February 27th. He steps up in distance today but should be competitive. (6) HAEUNDAE THUNDER and (9) CHOEGANG DRAGON, the latter a last start winner in an all-filly affair at this distance, are others who should be in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) Galaxy Road (10) Triumph King (9) Choegang Dragon (2) Yeonggwangui Teukg|
|Next Best||6, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 9, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 35 Million
(2) BOLT MAN comes into this race with an excellent record of a win and a 2nd from just the two starts. In the latter he was well ridden to be within striking distance and ran on strongly in the straight to go down narrowly. That day’s winner went on to run well again last week. He likes to race handy and he’ll be assisted by the draw here. (11) MIGHTY POP was a great winner at start number three last time. He can race either handy or he can run on indicating there’s plenty of scope for further progress. (4) BALVENIE is proving consistent even if he hasn’t yet managed his win on debut. He’s run good times and should be on pace from a good draw. Don’t dismiss. We can disregard the latest start of (1) ROYAL ELVIS was he was back most of the race. It was out of character and instead go on his previous very solid form at the distance. He has a lovely stride and should be involved. (12) ALL THAT KOREA is best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Bolt Man (11) Mighty Pop (4) Balvenie (1) Royal Elvis|
|Next Best||12, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 4|
Busan Race 5: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 35 Million
Perovic again. (9) FANTASTIC MAN is a winner of three from six so far including his latest which was his first try at this distance on February 5. That was at this class and while he is carrying an additional 5.5kg today, his quality should see him through again. (14) YEONGGWANGUICHUKJE also enters as a last start class and distance winner having seen off a couple of his rivals here to score on March 6th. He came from well off the pace that day so the wide draw shouldn’t be too problematic although he too does carry quite a bit more weight this time around. (1) MR. VALOR led for much of the way around over a mile last start before finishing in 3rd and he looks to have placing claims once again. (5) SEONGSAN POWER and (6) TRIUMPH CAT are others in the hunt for the minor money.
|Selections||(9) Fantastic Man (14) Yeonggwanguichukje (1) Mr. Valor (6) Triumph Cat|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 13|
Seoul Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(8) TOP SEED was a comfortable winner at this class last start over the 1400M, beating several of his rivals here. It was quite a big uptick in form and he is up in the weights as well as going up in trip today but he should be able to handle those and he has claims again. (7) MYEONGJIN DAY is the likely favourite. He was a big class 6 winner who followed up with a good 2nd behind Top Seed on February 28th. He has yet to run a bad race and will be in the mix again with a big chance of overturning the form. (11) THUNDER WIND is a consistent type who is rarely far away. He ran a good 3rd at class and distance last start when he recorded the fastest time among those here who have tackled the distance before and he should be in the hunt again. (3) PARK WIN is up in class after two wins at 1200M to 1400M. He is out in distance today but is worth some though. (6) K N WONDERFUL ran a fair race at this class and distance last start when he led and is another minor money hope.
|Selections||(8) Top Seed (7) Myeongjin Day (3) Park Win (11) Thunder Wind|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 8, 12|
Busan Race 6: Class 1 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) BLUE CHIPPER returned after a long spell with a good, if rusty run over a mile in February. He is an international Group 1 place-getter (Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile in 2019) and should be fitter for that run. He is down in trip and his class may well see him through this time. (14) SSONSAL is racing in top form with four wins in a row and was very strong when beating lots of these last start He needs to overcome a wide draw but is sure to be in the finish. (4) TODAY is an ultra-consistent galloper who was a good 2nd to Ssonsal last time having led. He is accustomed to the weight and is always a threat. (1) RAPIDO MAN’s last start when 4th behind Ssonsal was a lot better than it first seemed. He was caught wide all the way and battled on well. The inside gate puts him in the placing mic. (9) SPEED FURY and (12) KING OF GLORY are others with credible claims.
|Selections||(5) Blue Chipper (14) Ssonsal (4) Today (1) Rapido Man|
|Next Best||9, 12|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 9: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 42 Million
(2) IRON SOCKS is a quality horse who has won at this class and distance in a good time. Despite being 7th last time he wasn’t far away when handy and wide in the run and he is the one to beat here. (9) DORAON POPEYE ran 2nd to Iron Socks at class and distance two starts back before finished a decent 3rd to Jangsan Forever at the end of February. He has never been outside the top five and should run a good race again. (1) MUNHAK KING could run a nice race from a good draw here. His best form has been at shorter distances but he can settle back and run on here and could be an interesting outsider. (11) HWANGGEUM LUCKY ran an improved race last start behind Doraon Popeye and the drop in weight may improve his chances today. (4) CHUNSAN another in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Iron Socks (9) Doraon Popeye (1) Munhak King (11) Hwanggeum Lucky|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 10: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 50 Million
(3) GALLOP CURLIN can have his last start disregarded when he was wide all the way around. Instead, we’ll go on his two consecutive wins over this distance in good times. This is a really stern test for him, but he can come through it. (12) LEGEND STORM is another whose last start can be disregarded. He was on pace as usual well into the straight but the 1800M might just have been a little too far. Back at 1400M today, he should be much better. (10) RAON FIRST was a precocious juvenile and then performed in high level filly and mare races, more recently placing over longer journeys in this class. She is better suited at this distance though and is a strong contender and probable betting favourite. (4) HEUNGBOK DREAM and (5) DAEGUN JEPAE are others with claims.
|Selections||(3) Gallop Curlin (12) Legend Storm (10) Raon First (4) Heungbok Dream|
|Next Best||5, 14|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 10, 12|