KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday November 30, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Twelve juvenile maidens go round in the opener with four of them racing for the very first time. We’re going to side with experience though. (4) CHOEGANGMA ran 4th on debut in a solid time at the end of September. She was a touch one-paced but should have come on for the run and is a live contender here. (5) CUPID BISANG ran 2nd on her first attempt, sent off at three-figure odds with no disgrace in being a full ten-lengths behind the excellent winner K Top King. That was at the end of August so she has had three months off. That’s true too for (1) ARARIYO, who made his debut in a different race that same day and ran 3rd. From the inside, he should be on pace early and can be in the mix here. (6) ROYAL CHUKBOK was found to be lame after his latest effort and may improve here. Of the first-timers. (8) HWA SSI BYEOK was perhaps the best looking in trials.
|Selections||(4) Choegangma (5) Cupid Bisang (1) Arariyo (8) Hwa Ssi Byeok|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 9, 12|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(3) BEST LUCKY has improved across three starts so far and having led for much of the way on his first try at this distance on October 27th, ultimately finished a creditable 3rd. He’ll be sent to the front again and won’t need to improve on that performance too much in order to strike here. (2) SMART HANSEN recovered from a bad start to run a good 2nd on his latest at the beginning of this month. It looks like he’s figuring things out after nine attempts and should be a danger here. (6) WONDERFUL CAT stepped up to this distance last time and recorded her best finish so far, running a close 3rd and can build on that here. (7) WONDERFUL ORANGE and (9) CLEAN HEART are others who have shown some promise and can improve today.
|Selections||(3) Best Lucky (2) Smart Hansen (6) Wonderful Cat (7) Wonderful Orange|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(8) GONGJAK WANG was 4th on what was his second start and first at this distance on November 3rd. He ran on well and showed enough to suggest that he’ll be the one to beat in this less than intimidating field. (7) GOOD WONDER has run creditably in both starts so far, running an improved 5th on her latest appearance at the end of last month. She’ll likely be ridden on the pace today and can continue her development here. (5) TA MINA ran 2nd in a similar strength race to this back in August and while she was only 6th on her reappearance in October, should fare better in this company today while (12) CHEONJI KKOT BARAM has held her own in two outings so far and can contest the money today. There is one solitary debut-maker. It’s taken (2) GAROSUGIL an age to get to the races but he looked handy enough in a trial earlier this month and couldn’t ask for a softer introduction to racing.
|Selections||(8) Gongjak Wang (7) Good Wonder (2) Garosugil (5) Ta Mina|
|Next Best||12, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 9, 12|
Race 4: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Two standouts as these maidens go around two-turns. (6) PUNCH POWER gets the verdict. He finished off nicely for 3rd over 1300M in better company than this three weeks ago and should have the beating of these. The only logical danger is (4) NOLBU CHEONHA and he’s not to be taken lightly. He’s run in a 3rd and a 5th from his latest two, both at 1300M and just like punch Power, there seems little to suggest that he won’t stay a further trip. Both favourites will be ridden patiently and should be too strong late on. (8) ALL MY QUEEN has some promising results to her name and finally steps up to two-turns after eleven outings at shorter. She looks clear best of the rest. (3) KING OF THE FIELD and (7) GOK MA DAN are others who can compete for the minor places.
|Selections||(6) Punch Power (4) Nolbu Cheonha (8) All My Queen (7) Gok Ma Dan|
|Fast Start||1, 7|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) WHITE COMET scored his maiden win with an all the way performance over this distance in September. He followed it up by running 2nd to Jeongmun Summit when favourite on his first try at this class on October 26th. He didn’t manage to get to the front that day but that’s what jockey Park Tae Jong will be aiming for straight from the gate here, and if he achieves it, he will take some beating. If he does come up short, then (1) LUCKY MYEONGHO is the most likely to take advantage. He’s up in class after a very good maiden win on his third start on November 2nd. It was slightly unexpected but it was a fast time and from the inside, he can challenge the favourite right from the start. (3) MACH THUNDER’s disappointment last start can be explained by the fact he came back slightly lame. It was just two weeks ago but he has looked back to fitness in work and should be better here. (4) ACE WIN and (8) DALLINEUN ACE are others in the hunt for minor money.
|Selections||(6) White Comet (1) Lucky Myeongho (4) Ace Win (8) Dallineun Ace|
|Next Best||3, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 6|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Ultra-competitive five-furlong dash here with any number in with a chance. (6) JOEUN GAMUN has steadily improved over three starts so far, culminating in a maiden win over this distance on November 2nd. This is a markedly stiffer test but he has scope for more development and he can win here. (9) TANK SOCKS won on debut in September before running 5th in a similarly competitive race to this two weeks ago. He was within three lengths of the winner in a decent time and should be dangerous here. (10) GYORYONGDEUKSU is up in class after a maiden win last time – just his second start – and while he perhaps has a bit more to find, can’t be ruled out. (5) CHEONNYEONUI BARAM enters off the back of two promising class and distance efforts and should go close here, likely coming from just behind the pace, while (7) GIVEN RUNNER ran a much-improved 3rd last time and warrants respect today.
|Selections||(6) Joeun Gamun (9) Tank Socks (5) Cheonnyeonui Baram (10) Gyoryongdeuksu|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 9|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Another desperately competitive race. (11) MASEONG JILJU comes in seeking a hat-trick of victories, having beaten four of these on his way to a half-length victory over class and distance on November 2nd. He came out of gate 12 that day so the wide draw shouldn’t be a concern and while he does carry an extra couple of kilos, another win is certainly possible. (2) BLADE STORM was the one who got closest to him that day, running 2nd. He’s looked good in three outings since returning from six months off and should be a big danger again today. (9) ROYAL GHOST was 3rd in that race, a further three-quarters of a length in arrears and he too can be aiming to match or better that here. (3) QUEEN OF CAMP was a well-beaten runner-up behind an excellent winner last start. She remains a maiden after twelve attempts but is more than capable of finding the money in this company. So too is (6) PSYCHIC BOSS. She’s only raced three times, winning once, and comes in off a fast 4th in a filly-only race at the distance on October 19th. She’ll be on pace and could go all the way.
|Selections||(2) Blade Storm (11) Maseong Jilju (6) Psychic Boss (9) Royal Ghost|
|Next Best||3, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 10, 11|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) FIGHTING HERO ran out a seven-length winner over this distance on November 3rd. Accordingly, he’s up in class today but the manner of that victory was enough to suggest that there is more to come and he can follow up here. There’s more to come too from (1) JEONGSANG STAR. A winner at this class over 1000M in October, he then ran a close 2nd over 1200M at the beginning of this month. He’ll be away well from the inside and can be a danger at the business end of the race. (10) QUANTUM JUMP made a quantum leap in improvement last time, running a shock 2nd in a very similar race to this on November 2nd and has to be given some respect here. (7) MUNHAK FIRE enters off the back of some solid results and can challenge at least for the minor places. There is one debut-maker. (12) PALACE QUEEN looked competent enough in her trial and is nicely weighted first-up here.
|Selections||(6) Fighting Hero (1) Jeongsang Star (12) Palace Queen (10) Quantum Jump|
|Next Best||7, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7, 8|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(10) CHEMI BLUE has managed to dodge the winner’s circle entirely across fourteen outings to date including three close runner-up finishes out of his latest four starts. He carries plenty of weight today but he’s facing weaker opposition than he has done of late, he is accomplished at this distance and he really should win. (7) RAON WILLIAMS ran a good 3rd over 1200M on her latest start. She’s had nine weeks off since then and comes back up in trip under a very light weight. She looks right in contention. (11) DAEGUN ILGAL finished back in the pack over 1300M against better horses last start and should improve today while (4) GANGHWA CHONGGAK tackles the distance for the very first time and it may well suit. It certainly suited (6) CHEONJI MYEONGJANG, who won over this trip at class 5 at the end of October and takes a speculative effort here (12) GEUMA ANNUITY is another who steps up in trip to two-turns for the first time and can be suited by the increase.
|Selections||(10) Chemi Blue (7) Raon Williams (11) Daegun Ilgal (12) Geuma Annuity|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 10|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(5) RAON STORM enters seeking a hat-trick of victories. He beta three of these on his way to a comfortable victory at class and distance on October 19th, pretty much making all, and is well drawn to get to the front again and win again. (7) NEUL PUREUN CAT has won two of his latest three and steps up in class today. He carries next to no weight and will be strong in the latter part of the race. (2) I.B.S. QUEEN ran 5th behind Raon Storm last time and can get closer today while (12) HEUNG OREUM showed an uptick in form when 3rd in a competitive class and distance affair in October and is another who is lightly weighting and in with placing chances. (4) GYORYONG UNU has bundles of talent but absolutely no luck. He showed signs of a return to form with 3rd last start and can build on it today.
|Selections||(5) Raon Storm (7) Neul Pureun Cat (4) Gyoryong Unu (2) I.B. S. Queen|
|Next Best||12, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 8|
Race 11: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(8) KING OF RULES finally made his breakthrough last start at the ninth time of asking, scoring over 1300M. He is up in both class and distance today but carries a light weight and has every chance of scoring again. He will most likely aim to lead from gate to wire. (3) SEMYEONG GISANG stepped up to this trip last start and ran a creditable 5th in what was arguably a stiffer race than this and can be considered one of the main dangers here. (1) HANYANG GONGJU performed well for 3rd of eight at class and distance on her latest start and that’s enough to put her in at least the placing frame today. The experienced pair of (10) FIORE and (12) NANGMAN STAR are others who should be competing for at least the minor money. They may only have two wins between them from almost sixty combined starts, but both are capable of gobbling up some on the board finishes.
|Selections||(8) King Of Rules (3) Semyeong Gisang (12) Nangman Star (1) Hanyang Gongju|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 8|
Race 12: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(6) CUPID GUY finished 3rd behind (8) PHOENIX WOLF back in August but the pair have gone in opposite directions since and its Cupid Guy who is the one to beat here. He ran 2nd on his first try at this level on October 20th, beating three of his rivals here over this distance and today he can come from just off the pace, to go one better. (3) JANGSAN BEARS and (1) DAEBAK HAENGJIN came home 3rd and 4th respectively when they raced each other at class and distance on November 2nd and both look dangerous here. (9) OHTHE PAZIBILITIES has had several setbacks, limiting his to just nine starts to date. He has plenty of talent though and while we last saw him in August, he is capable of a big run here. (10) MALIBU GINGER has held his own in similar company recently and should at least match the 5th place finishes he’s achieved in each of his two most recent starts.
|Selections||(6) Cupid Guy (3) Jangsan Bears (1) Daebak Haengjin (9) Ohthe Pazibilities|
|Next Best||10, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 8, 11|
Race 13: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
It took (2) MUNHAK WINNER six attempts to land his maiden win but he seemed to enjoy the feeling as he immediately followed up with another. Both were at 1200M and both were at class 3 so he steps into deeper waters here. He ran a class 2 winning time last start though and has every chance of maintaining his winning streak today (11) PENETRO ran out a strong class and distance winner on October 26th. He needs to carry an additional 4kg this time but should be equal to the task and has a real chance again. That extra weight though could allow (6) GOLDEN GATE, 4th behind Penetro last start, to get closer this time. He’s already a class and distance winner and shouldn’t be ruled out here. Nor too should (1) COMPLETE SWEEP, who scored at class and distance on October 13th, beating three of these in the process. He’s assigned an extra 5.5kg today but is nicely drawn on the inside and can go close. (5) PRIMA QUEEN the best of a very competitive rest.
|Selections||(2) Munhak Winner (11) Penetro (1) Complete Sweep (6) Golden Gate|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 9|