Sunday June 19, 2022
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
The opening maiden is wide open, so we’ll take on the favourite. Down in the weights with an apprentice aboard, (5) BLACK INDY may well have enough about him to break through here. He has the fastest time among these for the distance and today gets a better draw than in recent starts. That should allow him to be on pace and in this a long way at what should be an each-way price. With Moon Se-young climbing aboard, (6) DONGBANGUI HON is the probable favourite. He has been knocking at the door in his latest three with a 3rd and two 4th places and while the times haven’t been fast, he has potential. (2) G STAR has tended to get a bit far back in his races but is very well drawn today to just drop in behind the speed and run on. He will be finishing well and can be a danger. (9) DIVINE FUTURES has shown steady improvement and was a good 3rd at this distance last time out on May 21st. The draw is not ideal, but he can go close. (7) MONEY STONE another in the hunt.
|Selections||(5) Black Indy (6) Dongbanui Hon (2) G Star (9) Divine Futures|
|Next Best||7, 1|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Three of these maidens raced each other at this distance on May 15th and the three of them should be at the top of the market here. The best finisher that day was (3) MIR POWER, who settled midfield but ran on well for 3rd place. The same apprentice jockey returns today – this time claiming 3kg rather than the 4kg she got that day – and she can come out on top here. The most fancied of the three in that May race and the probable favourite here is (6) M J TIME. She ran 7th in that May 15th race having been close to the pace early but was the best backed of the three, having run 2nd at this distance on April 23rd. She’s worth another chance here. (1) HAMPYEONG ACE was 4th in that race, big uptick on his first two starts and with some natural improvement can be in the mix here. Among those who didn’t go in that race, (4) WONPYEONG GWANGYA and (7) YEONHUI SARANG look the best
|Selections||(3) Mir Power (6) M J Time (1) Hampyeong Ace (4) Wonpyeong Gwangya|
|Next Best||7, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 6, 7|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old maidens here. (7) HALLOWEEN PARTY returned from almost six months off to run 2nd at this distance on May 8th when handy throughout. That was a big improvement from when we last saw him and he won’t need to get much better to win this. The main danger is (8) MAHAMERU. She too did nothing in her first couple of starts last year but came back in April and has since run 3rd and 2nd at 1200M and 1300M. She has a strong finish on her and will be doing her best work late again here. (6) GAMDONG ENERGY has mixed her form across four outings so far but a repeat of her run two starts back which saw her 3rd over 1200M, will put her right in this. She will be on pace from the start. (3) SSAEKSSAEGI returns for the first time since January having trialed up encouragingly last weekend. (1) GEUMA NIMBLE another in the placing frame.
|Selections||(7) Halloween Party (8) Mahameru (6) Gamdong Energy (3) Ssaekssaegi|
|Next Best||1, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(9) MYEONGJIN CANDY has been working towards a win across her latest three starts, culminating with a 2nd place over 1300M on May 21st having led all the way around. Despite the wide draw, she has more early speed than anything else here so should get to the front again, she has a light weight on her back, and she may take some beating. Logical second pick is (3) LAROMANEE. She has the fastest time among these for the distance, recorded when 3rd two starts back. She’ll be up on the speed too and has a strong finish on her. Those two look to be head and shoulders above the rest but (4) GENTLE RULES returns to action almost five months after her debut. She showed enough in a recent trial to suggest she can be competitive. (2) ROSE GOLD and (1) CHEONSEONGI other minor contenders.
|Selections||(9) Myeongjin Candy (3) Laromanee (4) Gentle Rules (2) Rose Gold|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 9|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
After taking a race to find her feet, (6) GOLD SWEET has finished in the top-four in each of her latest three starts, two at 1200M and one at 1300M being close to the pace each time. She should be leading here and looks hard to go past. (4) PHANTOM QUEEN was significantly improved at start number five when a close 4th over this distance in a good time on June 5th. Once more she carries a very light weight, and she can continue her development here. (3) UNJU STAR has also started to figure things out in her most recent two appearances with a 3rd and a 5th, the former at this distance. She draws nicely here to be on or close to the lead and should be aiming for at least another place. (7) HWARANG SKY and (1) ECTON POWER are others who can be targeting money finishes.
|Selections||(6) Gold Sweet (4) Phantom Queen (3) Unju Star (7) Hwarang Sky|
|Next Best||1, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 6|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Kim Tae-hui is on another favourite here and (10) SKY FUTURE really does look the one to beat. The apprentice jockey’s 3kg claim takes Sky Future down 3kg from when he beat several of these on his way to 3rd place over this distance on his first try at this class on May 22nd. He doesn’t need to lead so the draw shouldn’t be a concern and he has never finished any worse than 3rd in five starts. (2) EUNSEONG MARU came home 5th in that May 22nd race and while she comes up in the weights (apprentice Kim rode her that day), she still looks nicely enough in here to go close again. (5) YESULIYA comes up in class following a good win over this distance back in March. He is in fresh following a fifteen week break and can measure up in this company. (9) MUNHAK FOREST and (1) UNJUUI BOM others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(10) Sky Future (2) Eunseong Maru (5) Yesuliya (9) Munhak Forest|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 7, 9|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(10) HAENGBOKAN HAMAN ran out an eleven-length winner over this distance on May 22nd on what was her second career start. That was a filly-only maiden, and she is up in class here, but the manner of that win and the winning time suggest that there is more to come, and a similar run will see her comfortably on top again. (6) PILGRIM is yet to win in nine attempts but has six top-five finishes including a runner-up finish at this class and distance two starts back. He likes to settle in midfield and then run on and can go close again. (3) POKPUNG JILJU returned from a ten-month absence to run a solid 2nd over 1200M on May 15th. That was enough to shunt him up in class here but from a good draw and under a fair weight, he can measure up. (12) KKUM NEOMEO and (4) KING BOSS the other standouts in a race with plenty of depth for the level.
|Selections||(10) Haengbokan Haman (6) Pilgrim (3) Pokpung Jilju (12) Kkum Neomeo|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 10, 12|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(1) MONEY GARAK enters in consistent form and comes in off a last start runner-up finish over class and distance on May 22nd when he overcame gate twelve to run on strong. He has a good record at the 1700M and from the inside gate can take a sit behind the early leaders and run on strongly. The main danger is (11) CHEONMA BISANG. In nine starts, she has only finished outside the top-five on one occasion and come sin having run through the line well for 5th at 1300M on May 22nd. That was the second consecutive time that she has found herself a bit too far back and today’s increased trip can be to her benefit as can the apprentice claiming 4kg. (12) COUNTRY ROAD finds himself up in class after finishing as runner-up in a painfully slow race at this distance at class 6 level on May 15th. His form had been relatively consistent so he may not find this too much of a step up. (3) RUFFIAN PARK and (9) SUN FIGHTING are others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(1) Money Garak (11) Cheonma Bisang (12) Country Road (3) Ruffian Park|
|Next Best||9, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 11|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(5) MAN OF THE STAR is yet to win in five outings but has finished no worse than 5th and ran a very solid 3rd on his first try at class 5 on May 27th. True, he comes up 3kg on that with the set weights not favouring him and true he has been the beaten favourite every single start now. Nevertheless, he should be on pace here and in this company, really should be getting that maiden win. If you aren’t prepared to overlook getting beaten five times as favourite, four of them as odds-on, then the logical alternative is (4) LADY GOLDEN. It took her six starts to get her maiden win, something she achieved at her last start on May 6th at class 6 level over 1300M when sitting midfield and running on. She his up in class but has run good times and the extra half furlong should suit. (8) DAEHO NURI comes in following back-to-back 3rd places in his first two attempts at this class while (6) GLOBAL CHOEGO and (7) UNJU BULPAE are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(5) Man Of The Star (4) Lady Golden (8) Daeho Nuri (6) Global Choego|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies only here. (5) COSMO made all for his maiden win over 1200M at class 6 level two starts back before running a smart 2nd place over 1400M on his first try at this level on May 1st when handy throughout. He’ll be on the pace here and has every chance of going all the way. (4) DREAM K was sent off as favourite on debut in an all-filly race at class 6 over 1200M on May 21st. She duly obliged, stalking the lead before running away from the pack in the final furlong. She is up in class here, but the slight additional distance should suit and Moon Se-young staying aboard will probably make her start as favourite. (9) MISS YANGHO ran 3rd on her latest start at this distance on May 21st, coming from well back. This is her third start since returning from eight months off and she could well be peaking here. (1) OKDONG GONGJU is up in class but nicely drawn and nicely weighted and could nick a place while (2) LAST PUNCH is another capable of going close.
|Selections||(5) Cosmo (4) Dream K (9) Miss Yangho (1) Okdong Gongju|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 8, 9|
Busan Race 5: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) BEASTLY ran a very encouraging 4th over 1200M on May 27th on what was not only his first try at this class, but also his first start at all in eleven months. He should have benefitted from that and under a light weight and at a distance he has won at in the (admittedly distant) past, he can win here. There is a big danger (1) CHEONNYEONUIYAKSO is a model of consistency, positing competitive times at this distance. He draws much better than he did when 3rd at class and distance on May 22nd and with an apprentice jockey taking his weight down, he looks to have every chance here. (8) MORNING THUNDER looks ready for another crack at this distance following a good 5th when coming from well back over 1200M on May 20th. That was her first try at this class and she fit in well. (4) GLOBAL TOP looks to have found some form again after going cold through the late autumn and winter and given she likes to be close to the pace, draws better than she did when 3rd last time out. Up in class and down in weight last start winner (10) ACHIM BIT another in the hunt.
|Selections||(5) Beastly (1) Cheonnyeonuiyakso (8) Morning Thunder (4) Global Top|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 11|
Seoul Race 7: Class Open (1200M) SBS Sports Sprint (KOR-G3) Weight for Age / KRW 450 Million
(7) EOMA EOMA will be odds-on here to win this for the second year running (although it is only eight months after last year’s edition. He hasn’t raced since the Busan Ilbo Sprint in April, which he won by three-lengths and at anywhere like his best, he wins this. (5) BLACK MUSK enters off a super victory in the SROA Chairman’s Sprint last month when he caught Raon The Fighter on the line. That race set up for him beautifully as Raon The Fighter had engaged in an early speed-duel to the ultimate detriment of both. He is a sprinter on the up though, who is tactically versatile, and he can be a threat here. (3) MORFHIS showed in the SROA Chairman’s Sprint that he is still a force to be reckoned with, charging up the rail late for 3rd. As usual he will settle back and run on here. (2) SOUL MERIT is an up and comer with the same owner as Morfhis. Since returning from an eight-month layoff, he has won four in a row and enters elite company for the first time. His recent efforts have been at 1400M, but he has a good turn of foot about him and can go close here. (1) EAST JET one who can never be ruled out.
|Selections||(7) Eoma Eoma (5) Black Musk (3) Morfhis (2) Soul Merit|
|Next Best||1, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 7|
Busan Race 6: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(1) YEOKJEON MYEONGSU may only have won one from nine so far, but he has only missed the top four on two occasions. He has the fastest time of any of these at 1800M and comes in following a 2nd and a 4th from his latest two, both at this class and distance. He draws nicely on the inside, Franco climbs back aboard, and he can return to the winner’s circle here. (8) CLEAN SHOT beat Yeokjeon Myeongsu, as well as a couple more of today’s rivals, when they met at class and distance on May 27th. He only comes up 1kg in weight for that and while he is drawn wide, his running style of settling back and powering home late means that shouldn’t be a problem. He’s a chance. So too is (9) CLEAR. He comes up in class following a front-running win in a fast time over 1400M on May 13th. He tackles two-turns for the first time but looks to have potential for more development. Those three look significantly better than the rest with (6) MAGIC FLYING and (3) GEUMA STORMING possible placing hopes.
|Selections||(1) Yeokjeon Myeongsu (8) Clean Shot (9) Clear (6) Magic Flying|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 9|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) BULBANGUL was last seen finishing as an also-ran in the Korea Derby on May 15th. That was always going to be something of a stretch for him on what was just his second start as a three-year-old. As a juvenile, he ran 4th in the Listed Munhwa Ilbo Trophy over this distance and with a light weight today and Moon Se-young aboard, this looks like a winnable assignment. (10) YUKWAEHAN NALDEUL has won at this distance and comes in off back-to-back runner-up finishes at class and distance, both times sitting handy and running on. The wide draw is not to his advantage here, but he should have enough speed to find a prominent position and can be a big danger. (4) DAESAN TEUKGEUP enters fresh following a class and distance win back on March 19th. He comes up 4.5kg for his troubles but has a strong finish on him and can be competitive here. (2) BLACK SILVER and (9) NEMO PRINCESS among others who can be considered.
|Selections||(7) Bulbangul (10) Yukwaehan Naldeul (4) Daesan Teukgeup (2) Black Silver|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(10) GRAY CAT has won just one of fifteen but has been ultra-consistent with eleven top-five finishes. He comes in off back-to-back 2nd places at this class over 1700M and 1200M, which shows his versatility, and he has the fastest time among these for today’s distance. He carries plenty of weight but today can be his day. (1) QUICKLY RUN won her first two starts to be quickly promoted to this class. She was sent up to 1700M for her first crack at it on April 9th and she led until the home straight, ultimately coming home in 2nd. She carries a very light weight and should be in this a long way again. (3) BOOSTER ROCKET comes up in class following a good win over this distance on May 15th when coming from off the pace. She comes down 3kg in the weights, draws well and should measure up. (4) HEUNG DREAM and (9) DOUBLE BLACK, others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(10) Gray Cat (1) Quickly Run (3) Booster Rocket (4) Heung Dream|
|Next Best||9, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 9, 12|
Seoul Race 10: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(6) SKY MANGCHI is a winner of his last 3 races and well suited under set weight conditions. At his last start on May 21st, he was a winner over 1400M, and this class and he steps up to two-turns here for the first time. He likes to race forward but he has been running on well in his races and he could prove hard to beat. (2) ILGYEOK PILSAL is very consistent and comes up in class here on his last start win at 1400M when handy throughout. He too is having his first try at distance, but he can settle back and run on, and he has a big chance here again. (3) RAPIDO ARES is up in class on her last start win over 1700M when racing forward. She gets a good draw to get forward here and could be in the mix. (7) GREEN DARC was 3rd at her latest outing at this class and distance on May 8th. While she was well beaten, she was very wide on early and battled on well and has a place chance again. (8) SIMON QUEEN another to look out for.
|Selections||(6) Sky Mangchi (2) Ilgyeok Pilsal (3) Rapido Ares (7) Green Darc|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 6|
Seoul Race 11: Class 3 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(5) HWANGGEUM LUCKY looks to be building back up to another win. At his last start he was 2nd when he settled handy to the lead and then ran on wide over 1800M at this class. He is nicely drawn to get an easier run this time and has every chance of winning. (1) HIDDEN DOLPUNG needs a line drawn through his latest offering but if we go on his previous start over this distance when he raced forward and won easily in a good time then he can be considered. He is down in weight and gets a much better draw than at that last time out disappointment and will be available at good odds. (3) CUPID BABE may not win out of turn either, but he is competitive at this class and likes the 1700M. He too gets a better draw to allow him to get to his favoured forward position and he can at least place. (12) DUSON JANGGUN has won twice at this distance and is never too far away. He has raced well from wide draws before so the barrier may not be too much of a concern. (11) JEONGMUN SUMMIT another sure to attract plenty of support.
|Selections||(5) Hwanggeum Lucky (1) Hidden Dolpung (3) Cupid Babe (12) Duson Janggun|
|Next Best||11, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 10|