Racing Victoria (RV), in consultation with the Ballarat Turf Club (BTC), advises on Friday afternoon that the Ballarat meeting scheduled for this Sunday, 28 June will be transferred from turf to the synthetic.
The turf track, which has received 32mm of rain over the past week was inspected by RV stewards today and deemed unsuitable for racing on Sunday.
Stewards were of the opinion that a section of the track just past the winning post would not sufficiently dry in time for Sunday’s meeting and thus the decision to transfer the meeting was made.
RV considered turf transfer venues in the region, however the racing program, impacts of wet weather and track maintenance requirements meant there were no other suitable turf venues.
As a result of the transfer all scratchings will be reinstated and the updated program is as follows:
As a result of the transfer to the synthetic track, horses entered for Ballarat on Sunday that are seeking a turf venue may be entered as extended entries for Wednesday’s Sandown meeting until 10am Sunday, 28 June.