KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Sunday November 17, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Weak but competitive maiden to begin with. (8) PRETTY JOY and (4) JOLLY ROGER came home 4th and 5th when they raced each other over this distance on October 27th. While that race was arguably even weaker than this, both look to be improving and they should be among those disputing the finish today. (5) GANGHAN YEOJEONSA improved to 5th last time in what was a stronger event than this and she can continue to make progress today while (10) HWARYEO and (11) SPEED FLYING are others with potential to get better.
|Selections||(4) Jolly Roger (8) Pretty Joy (5) Ganghan Yeojeonsa (10) Hwaryeo|
|Next Best||11, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Another maiden that falls into the weak but ultra-competitive category. (6) ROCK LINE did nothing on debut in September but significantly improved when only beaten half a length into 2nd over this distance last month. He led until the closing stages that day and is well drawn to get to the front once more. This time he can win. (1) STORM FORCE and (2) PENUMBRA are the only other two in the race to have a runner-up finish to their names and that in itself puts them into contention here. (9) ANYANG JAGUAR and (10) HAMYANG SANGRIM also come in with recent form looking positive and both can be competitive here.
|Selections||(6) Rock Line (1) Storm Force (10) Hamyang Sangrim (9) Anyang Jaguar|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(9) MILKY SHERRY made an inauspicious start to her career, but she’s been getting closer over her latest three and ran 3rd on her latest start just two weeks ago. She’s been ridden forward in her last couple of outings, which has seemed to help, and if she can get to the lead early today, she can win. (8) COLORS DE LAGO was 5th behind Milky Sherry in that race on November 3rd and she will be one of the threats here although more serious challenges may come from (5) MONEY LINE and (10) MAD DIVA, the latter especially putting in a fast time in a much better race than this last start. (4) GOLD PARK another who can compete for the minor money.
|Selections||(9) Milky Sherry (10) Mad Diva (5) Money Line (8) Colors De Lago|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||8, 9|
Race 4: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) OKRYONG ran an improved 2nd on what was just his second career start on October 13th. He was well beaten by a very nice-looking winner but showed enough to suggest he has a win of his own in him and that could be today, most likely leading all the way. (9) GEUMSEONG YEOWANG was a class 5 winner over 1200M in August and while she only managed to run 6th on her first try at this class last month, she can get closer today. (1) CAPTAIN FORCE ONE and (7) PANORAMA SUN too both come in off positive last starts and can be competitive. The most interesting one though is (5) HAMBAK MISO. A winner of two from eleven, he was in good form before suffering a setback in April which has kept him off the track until now. He trialled up nicely last week and goes straight into contention.
|Selections||(6) Okryong (1) Captain Force One (5) Hambak Miso (9) Geumseong Yeowang|
|Next Best||7, 4|
|Fast Start||6, 8, 9|
Race 5: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) JEONGMUN SAI was an eye-catching winner over the distance on October 12th, coming from just behind the pace to win comfortably. He’s won two from five now and while up in class today, has little to fear and can win here. (10) GLOBAL JOY ran a solid 3rd on debut a month ago and looks set to make progress here while (5) FASHION PLAYER only missed out on 3rd by a nose on her first attempt four weeks ago, despite missing the break by a couple of lengths. (4) J.S. GUNJU has been 4th on both his outings to date in similar company to this and looks good to match or better that today. There is one solitary debut-maker and it looks a good one. (7) SERENDIPITIYA made all in her trial and if she brings that form to the races, she should go very well first-up.
|Selections||(6) Jeongmun Sai (7) Serendipitiya (10) Global Joy (4) J.S. Gunju|
|Next Best||5, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 7|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Having run 3rd on debut at this distance in September, (3) YEONHUI ILCHUL dropped to 1000M and ran out a five-length winner on October 20th. She moves up in class here, and back up in trip, but looks the one to beat again. (7) FEDERAL KING is also up in class after his maiden win. It came at this distance; he made all and he is well drawn to get on the early speed again. Meanwhile (1) BLESSING ROAD was a winner at this class and distance on October 19th and while she carries a little bit more weight, can be taken seriously. (10) HIGH BEAT comes in having run 2nd in both his latest two, the latter of which was at this distance. This is a significantly stronger race, but he should still be competitive. (4) CLEAN UP TRIO perhaps the best of the rest.
|Selections||(3) Yeonhui Ilchul (7) Federal King (1) Blessing Road (10) High Beat|
|Next Best||4, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 10|
Race 7: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) CRAZY QUEEN remains a maiden after nine attempts but has finished runner-up on four occasions including her latest three. The most recent of those was her first try at this distance and she seemed to take to it well. She was beaten by a very good horse who has gone on to win again and today could be her day. (1) CITY CHAMP is another non-winner who has a habit of coming 2nd and he looks good for another runner-up finish here. (4) CHO ORONG MA ran 5th behind Crazy Queen last time and while he will need to improve to overturn that form, he can get closer today. (6) DALLYEORA GWANGSAN and (8) MEOTJIN GEUMSEONG, the latter up in class and distance having won over 1300M on just his third start, are others to take into consideration
|Selections||(2) Crazy Queen (1) City Champ (8) Meotjin Geum Seong (4) Cho Orong Ma|
|Next Best||6, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 11, 12|
Race 8: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(2) RED BLADE saw his winning streak come to an end when 3rd in a valuable Trophy race on International Weekend in September. He’s been off since then but comes back in here looking like the one to beat. (11) SOMETHING MYSTERY ran out a good winner over 1200M at this class on September 29th. He carries more weight today and comes back up in trip but still warrants respect. (3) DADDY GLORY disappointed in that very same race but is much better than that and could well overturn the form here. Another pair who had poor days at the office on their respective last starts, (1) TRI THUNDER and (4) TIAGO TOUCH, are others who can improve here.
|Selections||(2) Red Blade (3) Daddy Glory (11) Something Mystery (4) Tiago Touch|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3|
Race 9: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Fillies only here. (8) CHEONDUNG YEOL has won both her two starts to date in exceptionally easy fashion, making all both times at 1000M and 1300M. She can maintain her 100% record here. There are a couple of others who can match her times though. (4) VALLEY QUEEN has won three of her last four and was excellent at this distance on October 20th while (6) RAON HANNIBAL too comes up in class after a strong win. Both have good early speed and should be challenging from the start. (5) RUNNING BOX came up short behind the useful Do Kki Blade last start over 1200M but may appreciate dropping back to the minimum distance today and should be a factor. (2) GULCHARMNAMUSUP the best of a strong rest.
|Selections||(8) Cheondung Yeol (4) Valley Queen (6) Raon Hannibal (5) Running Box|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 8|
Race 10: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
At least one winning streak must come to an end here with both (2) WINNER BROWN and (6) DAEGUN BULPAE coming in here following a hattrick of victories. In the case of Winner Brown, he maintained his streak when returning from seven months off in October, with a come from behind win at this class over 1200M and he tackles 1400M for the first time today. Daegun Bulpae meanwhile beat two of these at class and distance to complete his hat-trick in December. He made all that day and despite a heavier weight, is favoured to extend his run today. (9) DORAON NALRI and (8) CATS MIRACLE came home 3rd and 4th in that race with Cats Miracle going on to get a win of his own a month ago and both can be dangers here. (7) GAON QUEEN the best of the rest.
|Selections||(6) Daegun Bulpae (2) Winner Brown (8) Cats Miracle (9) Doraon Nalri|
|Next Best||7, 10|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7|
Race 11: Class 1 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(1) CHEONGDAM JEWANG was scarcely involved over 1800M last start but should be a different prospect dropped back to 1400M today. He’s not the quickest of starters but should be able to find a nice position from the inside gate. The upper rating limit in this race is 100 and that means he is top-rated and top-weighted. At the other end of the scale, (5) ULTRA PUNCH tackles class 1 for the first time having run 3rd in a competitive JRA Trophy on international weekend in September. He carries a light weight and looks nicely in. It’s a similar story with (3) HWA GI who is likewise up to this class for the first time and looks competitive. (9) LEONNING STROM has two 3rd place finishes to his name at class and distance and should be looking to at least match here. The wildcard is (12) LION ROCK. One of the many “full” siblings of Triple Nine, he returns to action for the first time since May and looked good when winning an October trial.
|Selections||(1) Cheongdam Jewang (5) Ultra Punch (9) Leonning Strom (12) Lion Rock|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 11|