KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Sunday November 10, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens to kick things off with five of the ten having raced before. Of those five, (4) GEOMPO has looked the most promising with a 4th and a 3rd from two starts so far, the latter at this distance. He’s drawn well to lead and can win. None of the others have impressed to any extent so it’s to the first-timers we need to look for the other chances. Possible favourite is (8) WISH ME. She ran out a very good trial winner last month, running on very well and should go well first up. (9) JEONJEONGSAGUEM also won her trial while (1) A TO Z and (3) CHAMILHO hinted at ability too.
|Selections||(4) Geompo (8) Wish Me (9) Jeonjeongsaguem (1) A To Z|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Very weak maiden. (4) BOMNALUI GIEOK hasn’t shown much in the way of speed – he’s not alone in that regard in this race – but he seems a reasonable type who has run on well in better company than this and if he can put himself in a handy position may be able to pass the rest in the closing stages here. (1) J M FIGHTER looked promising on debut and while he has had a couple of setbacks, looks like he has some ability. (3) J. S. POWER too has run reasonably well in better company and can go close. The only one of the field to have a runner-up finish to their name so far is (5) BEST GOLD. That came at this distance and she comes in following a 4th place last start. That’s enough to put her in the frame today.
|Selections||(4) Bomnalui Gieok (5) Best Gold (1) J M Fighter (3) J.S. Power|
|Next Best||9, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 8, 9|
Race 3: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(2) DONGBANG JIJON comes in off a 3rd place in a similar race to this and having shown proficiency at the distance is the slight pick to finally break his maiden at the thirteenth time of asking. (6) DAECHEON ACE and (10) MAENGJU have both beaten Dongbang Jijon in the past and both come in off reasonably recent outings. (1) CORRE MI CABALLO debuted all the way back in September of 2018 and actually ran rather well. He’s not been seen since but returned to training this autumn and looked very well when 2nd in an October trial, which brings him straight into contention first-up. (4) MY SISTER NINA had a poor day at the office last start but is better than that and can be given another chance here.
|Selections||(2) Dongbang Jijon (1) Corre Mi Caballo (6) Daecheon Ace (4) My Sister Nina|
|Next Best||10, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 10|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) EAGLE EYE ran a solid 4th place over 1000M at the end of September and having previously run 2nd and 3rd at this distance, looks to be the favourite to take the honours here. The others are going to need to step up. (7) SAEROUN BOBAE had to be scratched on the way to the start last week after her jockey aggravated a back injury. The same jockey returns today and so long as they make it to the gate this time, she will have a chance. (3) MACH NEDAN and (4) BAEK HAK have hardly impressed so far but both are likely to be on the early speed and that could be enough to get them close at the end. (10) FAMILY HOPE the best of a limited rest.
|Selections||(2) Eagle Eye (7) Saeroun Bobae (10) Family Hope (3) Mach Nedan|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(6) DYNAMIC PUNCH led all the way to record his maiden win by a length over this distance on October 12th. Although that wasn’t the strongest of races, he and the rest of the place-getters were a full ten lengths clear of the remainder of the field and he looks to have enough development in him to be favoured here. (3) SUNSHINE TEUKGEUP and (5) YEONGGWANGUI BEAT are similarly up in class following maiden victories on their respective last starts and both should be competitive at this level too. (9) GEUMBIT YEOLJEONG comes in off a string of near misses and should be close at hand again while (2) PRIME QUEEN too ran a really good 3rd place at class and distance last start and looks a danger.
|Selections||(6) Dynamic Punch (9) Geumbit Yeoljeong (2) Prime Queen (3) Sunshine Teukgeup|
|Next Best||5, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 9, 12|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) ELITE LADY got her maiden win at the third time of asking at the end of September, scoring by four lengths over 1000M, having previously run 4th in a valuable race in August. She is up in class and in distance here but should be able to overcome both of those things and can win again. (9) P.K. HILL is similarly up in class following a maiden win last time, also at 1000M and is set to be competitive too, likely joining Elite Lady on the early speed. (8) CHEONEUN JJANG was beaten a nose on her first try at this class in September and while she was further back on her latest start, is perhaps worth another go today. (4) HANEUL GONGWON and (11) RAON JOY are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(3) Elite Lady (9) P.K. Hill (8) Cheoneun Jjang (11) Raon Joy|
|Next Best||4, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 5|
Race 7: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(1) CITY SONGAM ran out a four-length winner on his first try at this distance on Aeptember 29th. Accordingly, he is up in class today, but the manner of that victory suggests there is more to come. From the inside draw, he can sit handy behind the early speed and can win again. (3) CUTIE BARBIE beat no fewer than four of these on her way to a hard-fought victory at class and distance on October 6th. She only carries a couple of additional kilograms today and is a contender again. (5) AMARONE was 4th in that race, just over a length back, and can get close once more while the 5th place-getter (2) GOLD LEVEL can get a bit nearer this time. (4) JUNGDONG DOKJU is another in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) City Songam (3) Cutie Barbie (5) Amarone (2) Gold Level|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 7|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) MYEONGMA JILJU got promoted to this class with a very good win over this distance in September before then running 3rd over 1200M a month ago, beating a couple of these in the process. She’ll come from off the pace here and has strong claims to win again (1) I AM STAR is a recent winner at this class and comes in off back to back 3rd place finishes. 3rd should be a minimum requirement again here. (7) STRIDE UP has shown signs of coming back into form across his latest two outings and should go close once more. (2) GEUMBIT JANGIN returns to action for the first time since March. He’s won two out of three in a stop-start career and looked competent enough in a trial last month. If he’s right, he’s got plenty of talent. (3) RAON BRIAN the best of the rest.
|Selections||(6) Myeongma Jilju (1) I Am Star (2) Geumbit Jangin (7) Stride Up|
|Next Best||3, 9, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 11|
Race 9: Class Open “Jeju Governor’s Cup” (KOR G3) 1400M / Allowance (Fillies & Mares only) / KRW 400 Million
(1) DIA ROAD is a winner of four from five so far with her only defeat coming ion the Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup over 2000M. True she has only won up to class 3 level and is hard filly to get right, but she is potentially very good. If you prefer proven ones though then (13) LEAD MONEY may be the way to go. She is an established class 1 competitor and comes in off the back of three consecutive 3rd place finishes, including behind Silver Wolf and Sky Bay in the KNN Cup. Whereas Dia Road will be looking to lead from the start. Lead Money can come from out of a crowded pack to finish strongly. (7) HELLO VENUS and (6) DOCTOR THUNDER are also proven. The pair of them came home 2nd and 3rd respectively with a two-lengths between them in a fast class 1 handicap over this distance at Busan last month and both are leading contenders here. Doctor Thunder perhaps has more scope for improvement, but Hello Venus is a very tough competitor. Arriving late on the scene as ever will be (8) SEOURI BYEOL. She ran well for 3rd in last month’s Gyeongnam Governor’s Cup and is a danger at any distance. The wildcard is (9) OKAY QUEEN.
|Selections||(6) Doctor Thunder (1) Dia Road (7) Hello Venus (13) Lead Money|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 6, 12|
Race 10: Class 1 (2000M) Allowance / KRW 110 Million
Possibly as weak an open rating class 1 we’re likely to see and that means it should be relatively straightforward for (7) TOSCONOVA CAT. He beat three of these on his way to a comfortable win over 1800M in September and while he was beaten favourite last start, it’s hard to see him coming unstuck here. He should lead gate to wire. (3) SUPER SOCKS looks the only genuine danger. A winner of six from thirteen so far, including the JRA Trophy on international weekend, he tackles 2000M for the first time. (6) GUTONGSA was beaten almost eight-lengths by Tosonova Cat last start but should be beating a few of these. (1) YAHO SKY CAT and (2) CHANMA are others with minor money claims.
|Selections||(7) Tosconova Cat (3) Super Socks (6) Gutongsa (2) Chanma|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) EONEU MEOTJIN NAL has own his latest two in fine style despite racing most ungenerously last time. He does carry an additional 3kg today but should be equal to it and he can win again. (11) PRO HAMSEONG though has less than a length to make up on Eoneu Meotjin Nal having run 3rd to him last time out. He’s only won one of his ten starts but has been knocking on the door of a repeat. (7) EAGLES GRIFTER can go well in this company and has placing chances while (1) TO GO WIN, returning for the first time since March, and (4) FLYING BOSS look best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Eoneu Meotjin Nal (11) Pro Hamseong (7) Eagles Grifter (1) To Go Win|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 7|