Saturday December 4, 2021
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens with six of the twelve racing for the first time. (3) DUSON DRIVE has probably done enough to warrant favourite status after a 7th and a 6th in his first two outings, in fair times. He draws nicely, can be on pace and can win. (5) TITAN SOCKS debuted over 1200M scoring a decent enough 5th place having previously performed well in a trial when he led. Dropping back to 1000M and from a central gate, he should be on speed and can get closer today. (12) DOWN THE ZONE finished down the field on debut but her time measures up in this company and she can improve despite the wide draw. Among the debut-makers, (2) CHEONEUNCHONG won her trial and while the time wasn’t fast, she did nothing wrong and in a race as soft as this, she can have fair claims first up. (1) JEWELRY BEST another first-timer who could sneak some money.
|Selections||(3) Duson Drive (5) Titan Socks (12) Down The Zone (2) Cheoneunchong|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 10|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(4) MEOTJIN GIROK has been getting closer across three starts so far culminating in a 3rd place ahead of a couple of these on his first try at this distance on November 6th when he sat handy and ran on. He draws nicely today and looks the one to beat. (9) MUNHAK FOREST has been getting closer with a 3rd and a 2nd in his latest two at 1200M and 1300M respectively, leading much of the way both times. Expect him to be on pace again and to be in this for a long time. (3) THUNDER HORSE ran 4th to Munhak Forest’s 3rd when they met on November 6th at this distance. While he is yet to finish in the top two, he has no fewer than seven top0five finishes from his twelve starts and can aim for another today. (1) P N S HER never got going over 1000M last time but on her second start managed a 5th over this distance. She draws much better today and can improve. (7) ORGALIM, another on-pacer, is among others with placing chances.
|Selections||(4) Meotjin Girok (9) Munhak Forest (3) Thunder Horse (1) P N S Her|
|Next Best||7, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(2) POSA POSA has finished in 5th place on four out of five starts now but today lines up in possibly the softest company he has faced so far. He enters here having finished 5th at his latest start when he came from a wide gate to sit handy and run on. He draws better today and has every chance of overturning the form on (4) KING CRUSH, who came from even wider that day to run 3rd. That marked a significant uptick in form at his fourth start and while he gives 5kg to Posa Posa again, has strong claims and will probably start as favourite. In a race where the exposed form is not strong, a chance has to be given to the only first-time starter, (1) HEUNGHAENG DAEBAK. He led his trial, ultimately finishing in 3rd place in a fair time and from the inside gate has every chance of going well first-up. (9) PURGE QUEEN and (6) TK PLEX are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Posa Posa (4) King Crush (1) Heunghaeng Daebak (9) Purge Queen|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 7|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(2) PEPE RUN came from off the pace two starts back to run a very good 4th at this distance in a good time. While he was a little one-paced in 6th at his latest start on November 20th, the margins weren’t huge and from a good draw and Victoire taking the mount, he has fair claims here. (11) FAST TRACK has finished off his races well so far, including a 5th over 1200M at his most recent on October 24th. The draw won’t be a problem and the slight step up in trip may well work in his favour. (9) GABO SARANGHAE has the fastest time among those who have tackled this distance before and she comes in off a good 4th at her last start. She can be on pace here and be in this a long way. (8) SINJURYU and (10) LAGERTHA others who have to potential to place.
|Selections||(2) Pepe Run (11) Fast Track (9) Gabo Saranghae (8) Sinjuryu|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 9, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) JOEUN GWANGYE is yet to win but has seven top-five finished from ten attempts so far and enters following a close at hand 4th in a fast time over 1400M on October 30th. A previous attempt at this distance two starts back saw him lead and fade but he looks ready for another crack here and should be the one to beat. (8) RUFFIAN PARK is another maiden with plenty of money finishes in his record. His recent efforts have all been at this distance and he should be there or thereabouts again today. (3) AMAZING WHIZ does have winning experience albeit all the way back in February. He tackles two turns for the first time having run on nicely for 3rd at this class over 1300M last time out and looks a good placing shout here. The form falls off a bit after those three with (2) E STRIKE and (1) CHEONDUNG CAT perhaps possible to make a case for.
|Selections||(4) Joeun Gwangye (8) Ruffian Park (3) Amazing Whiz (2) E Strike|
|Next Best||1, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 5|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(4) MIGHTY WELL got his maiden win at start number four over class and distance on October 23rd and while he comes up 3kg in the weights, he draws nicely and will be very much the one they need to beat again. (11) FEVERDINI gets no favours from the draw but has two runner-up finishes from his latest three, both at 1400M, and didn’t run badly in the third of those latest ones when 5th at this trip. He tends to go back and run on anyway so that aforementioned wide draw shouldn’t matter too much and he has a chance of going close. So too does (7) JEONGSANG KINGDOM remains without a win but rarely runs a bad race and has some really good results at this distance. He tends to go right back and run on and while he may find one too quick again, surely makes the places. (10) MUNHAK ENCORE and (3) DONG JAK among others with money hopes.
|Selections||(4) Mighty Well (11) Feverdini (7) Jeongsang Kingdom (10) Munhak Encore|
|Next Best||3, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 9, 12|
Seoul Race 7: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
A very competitive race. We’ll go with (5) BIG RED, who is a winner at this distance at class 6 level and comes in having run a close 2nd at his latest on October 30th at this distance having led close to home. He’ll be on pace and can win (6) GUEOKMAAL has the fastest time among those for the distance and ran 2nd at her latest outing ahead of a couple of these at the distance on November 6th. She too will be on pace from the start and has every chance. (7) OLD START was a really fast winner over 1000M at start number two on October 16th. He is up in class and in distance here but under a light weight can measure up in this company. (2) K N LIGHT had a poor day at the office over 1400M last time out but back in trip and from a better gate warrants another chance here. (11) THE REAPER among others with claims.
|Selections||(5) Big Red (6) Gueokmaal (7) Old Start (2) K N Light|
|Next Best||11, 9|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 8, 11|
Seoul Race 8: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) GEOSEN DOLPUNG was a smart gate to wire winner over 1300M at class 6 level on November 7th. He comes up in class and slightly in trip here but the manner of that victory suggests there is more to come and from a good draw he can get to the early lead and can go all the way. (8) GEUMA FLAWLESS is a non-winner so far, getting promoted to this level with a strong of near-misses at class 6. That’s something he has continued in two attempts at class 5 so far with a 4th and a 3rd and something he can continue today as well. He’ll go back in midfield and come through strong late on. (6) DREAM GIRLS has found some consistency at this class in her latest three. In this company she can be on pace and can be a threat. (5) GOLDILOCKS and (4) THE FIGHTING are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(3) Geosen Dolpung (8) Geuma Flawless (6) Dream Girls (5) Goldilocks|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 11, 12|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) NAMSAN SIDAE ran 2nd over 1700M on his first try at this level on November 6th, beaten by a good winner. He drops back in trip to the distance he was so dominant at when winning on October 10th in a fast time and a facile manner. He has never been outside the top three and while he has plenty of weight to carry today, he should be winning. (1) RAPIDO ARES races for the first time since winning at class and distance in a super-fast time back in July. She looked very well when winning a trial a couple of weeks ago and from the inside gate, she can’t be left out of the calculations here. (7) KING ACE is two starts into a comeback following nine months out and looks to be working up towards a win with a 4th and a 3rd, both at this distance and both in an identically quick time. It would be no surprise if he gets even closer this time. Keep an eye out too for up in class last start winner (9) CHEONJI ULLIM as well as (6) BODYGUARD
|Selections||(4) Namsan Sidae (1) Rapido Ares (7) King Ace (9) Cheonji Ullim|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 10: Class 2 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 90 Million
A good race to finish with (6) JANGSAN FOREVER is the one the need to beat. Since returning from four months off in September, he has run twice, finishing 3rd and 2nd, both times beating plenty of today’s rivals and leading almost the entire way around. He carries an additional 2kg today but should be too good and this time can come out on top. (4) BLUE CHITON was a class and distance winner back in July. He hasn’t raced since August when 6th behind Carving Cross but this should suit and he can be competitive. (7) MUNHAK KING was a class 3 winner at this distance two starts back before finishing behind Jangsan Forever on October 30th. He should have benefited from that experience and can get closer today. The super-experienced (9) SEOUL TANK and (8) SEOULUI BYEOL are others who should be in the hunt.
|Selections||(6) Jangsan Forever (4) Blue Chiton (7) Munhak King (9) Seoul Tank|
|Next Best||8, 11|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 11, 12|