Sunday July 3, 2022
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(5) MIGHTY ANN will be the favouite here and she looks hard to go past. She enters off a 3rd and a 4th from her latest two, both times on pace. In this small field she will be expected to lead and should go all the way. (8) DONGTEUJA WAY debuted back in March, finishing back in the pack in a fast race on a wet track at this distance. He had previously shown a bit of speed in a trial and with some natural improvement here, can go closer. Debut-maker (2) DANAEUN ROSE overcame the widest gate in a trial to get to the front and run on to cross the line 3rd. She can join the favourite on the speed here and can produce a bold showing first-up. (1) EAST MAGIC and (4) HWANGOO GANGJA the best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Mighty Ann (8) Dongteuja Way (2) Danaeun Rose (1) East Magic|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(2) CHANGER was a beaten favourite on his second start on June 4th when on pace but weakening late on to finish 6th. He had previously run 2nd over this trip on April 23rd so we’ll give him another chance here against limited opposition. (1) RED WARRIOR was well fancied on debut having run well in an April trial. He showed on pace in the May 22nd race at this distance but dropped away in the final furlong. He should have come on from that and can be a different prospect today. (5) WONDERFUL MUSKET raced twice in December 2020 and March 2021 but hasn’t been seen since. She performed well in a trial in mid-June and the jockey booking catches the eye. (7) ANYANG SAJA and (8) GUK HYANG others with placing chances.
|Selections||(2) Changer (1) Red Warrior (5) Wonderful Musket (7) Anyang Saja|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6, 7|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Seven previously unraced juveniles get their first taste of racing here so it’s to the trial videos we head. The standout is (1) BETELGEUSE. He looked very assured in his trial crossing the line 4th in a fast time under minimal pressure. He draws nicely to be on pace here and while that trial was back at the end of April, his star can shine bright first-up. (4) ILGANG DAERO was the next best in trials, settling midfield and then running through the line well in 2nd in a good time. (2) CHEONSAUI NORAE too settled back in her heat and ran on pleasingly for 3rd place. She gets a good draw and should be working home strongly again. Stablemate of Betelgeuse (7) ARCTURUS continues the space theme. He didn’t do much wrong when trialling and can go well first-up. (3) WONDERFUL ANDOVER came through the same heat as Ilgang Daero and while further back, wasn’t too far away.
|Selections||(1) Betelgeuse (4) Ilgang Daero (2) Cheonsaui Norae (7) Arcturus|
|Next Best||3, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 6|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(3) VESPER returned from over a year out to run 2nd over 1200M on May 29th when she went right back at the start but finished powerfully, albeit well beaten by a good winner. She should have come on for the run, comes into a better gate today and can go one better with the slightly additional trip in her favour. The main danger is (4) ACE PLAN. He enters in consistent form with a 3rd and two 4th place finishes from his latest three outings all at this distance and with some good times. He’ll be on pace here and could well go all the way. (2) CAMP SAVER comes in off back-to-back 3rd place finishes, both at 1200M. She is another one who likes to run on pace, and she draws nicely here. (1) SAEBYEOK BAND and (5) CLAIR POWER are others in the money hunt.
|Selections||(3) Vesper (4) Ace Plan (2) Camp Saver (1) Saebyeok Band|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 7|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
Maiden fillies (and one mare) here with three racing for the first time. One of the newcomers is the top pick in the shape of (3) TOTAL ECLIPSE. She led her trial, ultimately running 2nd in a fast time behind a horse who ran 3rd of eight on his own debut last week. She can put her rivals in the shade here. Having run 2nd on debut, (11) QUEEN ALLIE had a poor day at the office when favourite on her return on May 29th, seemingly becoming unbalanced early in the race and never playing a role. She was sent back to trial after that, and she won a heat on June 11th in fine style and is worth another chance here. (4) CROWD ONE has been consistent if unspectacular across six starts so far. Similar runs to her latest should see her in the finish here. Stablemate of Total Eclipse, (9) KATNISS isn’t very quick, but she did lead at her latest outing on June 3rd, holding on for 3rd. She comes in under a light weight and a repeat can’t be ruled out. (5) POCKET POWER has been through loads of trials and finally makes it to the races with a chance first-up.
|Selections||(3) Total Eclipse (11) Queen Allie (4) Crowd One (9) Katniss|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 6|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
A weak maiden here. (2) MIR POWER probably warrants favourite status based on her 3rd place two starts back over 1200M. She only beat a couple home on her next outing on June 19th but while she comes up in the weights, Moon Se-young gets the leg up today and she has as good a chance as any. (1) STAR CRAZY has shown his best form in trials, but he draws a good gate here and the apprentice keeps his carried weight low. He should be on pace and can be in this a long way. (3) GEUMA WITTY comes up in trip following a couple of creditable performances at 1200M. She has been one-paced but that may be enough to see her into some money here. (5) DEVIL K only beat one home on debut but did win a trial and may improve. (7) HEEMANG WARRIOR managed a 3rd place on debut on May 1st and while it was a slow race, that alone is enough to being her into contention in this company.
|Selections||(2) Mir Power (1) Star Crazy (3) Geuma Witty (5) Devil K|
|Next Best||7, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 4|
Busan Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(10) ADELE ALLIE’S is the one to beat here. He comes in following back-to-back 3rd place finishes, both over this distance and while they weren’t fast races, his still has a quicker time over the 1300M than anything else. He likes to be close to the pace so may need a touch of luck early on from the wide draw, but he can win. It perhaps helps that the main danger is the only one drawn even wider. (11) FANTASTIC MAGIC has shown promise in her latest two, running 4th and 3rd both at 1200M. She comes up to this distance for the first time and it may suit. There are a couple of first-time starters and one of them (8) SIMPLE KALIX, will have some backers. He went through two trials, improving in the second when 4th across the line in a good time. He’s from the leading stable and may go well. (3) FLEX SHINHWA and (1) SPECIAL TOGETHER are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(10) Adele Allie’s (11) Fantastic Magic (8) Simple Kalix (3) Flex Shinhwa|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Good race. (1) CHOEGO BLACK came from well off the pace to his maiden win at start number two over 1200M on May 29th. The additional distance shouldn’t be a problem and from the inside gate, he has every chance of measuring up. (7) CLAIR BEST was an all the way winner at this distance at class 6 level in April before running a solid 4th on her first try at this class, again over the 1300M. She has produced some fast times and will be a big danger here, possibly starting as favourite. (10) YONGHOJIMA is yet to win but has no fewer than four runner-up finishes from six starts, including his latest at 1200M on June 5th. He steps up to this trip for the first time and given his running style, the wide draw shouldn’t be a problem. (9) HOEDURYEONG and the up in class (4) RUN BOY RUN are among others to enter the calculations.
|Selections||(1) Choego Black (7) Clair Best (10) Yonghojima (9) Hoeduryeong|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7, 11|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(10) KING BOSS is yet to finish outside the top five in five starts and was an all the way winner over 1200M a class 6 level in May. He has since raced twice at this class, running 5th and 4th, the latter over this trip, on June 19th. He does like to race forward so the gate may not be ideal, but he looks the one to beat. (5) DAEJI SPECIAL comes up in class following a good win at this distance on June 3rd. He comes down in the weights and he can measure up in this company. (6) B.K. HANA also makes the step up, in her case following a maiden win at the ninth time of asking. It had been coming and she achieved it in style, making all over this distance. She draws fairly and can be on the speed again and in this a long way. (4) HAMAN YEOHANGSAN and (1) GREEN PAPAGO are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(10) King Boss (5) Daeji Special (6) B.K. Hana (4) Haman Yeohangsan|
|Next Best||1, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies (and two mares) here. (4) JAY TROSS returns to action for the first time since finishing well back in the Luna Stakes, the first leg of the filly Triple Crown, over a mile at Busan in April. This looks a more suitable assignment, and she surely has a win in her at this level. (10) WONDERFUL KITTY is yet to win from seven starts but has five top-three finishes to her name, two at this class and distance. Her running style is to settle back and finish strongly so the draw shouldn’t be an issue and it’s not impossible she could come out on top at last. (9) LION HEAD came from the back to win on debut over 1000M on May 28th. She is up in class and in distance but neither should be insurmountable for her here. (6) GREENBACK and (11) DOWN THE ZONE others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Jay Tross (10) Wonderful Kitty (9) Lion Head (6) Greenback|
|Next Best||11, 2|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 9, 11|
Busan Race 5: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) ADELE GOLD can have her latest two starts, in the Group 2 Korean Oaks over 1800M and Group 3 Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup at 2000M overlooked. Instead, we can go on her good win in class 6 over 1300M in April. Back in shallower waters today and from a good gate, she can win. (7) BARBELL POSEIDON will have support based on his last start 3rd at this class and distance when he raced midfield and ran on, beating a few of today’s rivals in the process. He gets a better draw today and could well secure his first race win. (4) GREAT GO is also winless but has demonstrated competitiveness at this level in three consecutive class and distance 4ths including last time out behind Barbell Poseidon. She is down in weight on her last start and can race forward from a good draw. (1) QUEEN OF HEARTS was first-up from a lengthy spell last time out and she was slowly away. Before passing a few late. She will have derived benefit from that run and could sneak a place here. (3) JIN MARK another who can go close.
|Selections||(2) Adele Gold (7) Barbell Poseidon (4) Great Go (1) Queen Of Hearts|
|Next Best||3, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 7: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) TAP QUALITY ran out a class and distance winner in a time significantly quicker than the rest of this field have achieved on June 4th when settling behind the leaders and running on very well. The same apprentice remains aboard meaning what while he does come up in the weights, it’s not by as much as it might have been, and he can make it back-to-back wins here. (2) DOUBLE TAKE is the logical second pick having run surprisingly well for 2nd at class and distance on May 21st when going right back and finishing off strong. She remains lightly weighted and from a good draw can go close again. (6) SMART BYEOL comes up in class and distance following a win over 1300M. That was a big uptick in form, but this isn’t difficult company, and she can be competitive. (8) CHOEGANG JANGSAN and (5) YEONGUNG DAEMA others to look out for.
|Selections||(9) Tap Quality (2) Double Take (6) Smart Byeol (8) Choegang Jangsan|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 8, 9|
Busan Race 6: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(4) YEONGWON POWER has won at this class and distance and at his latest start raced handy to the lead and ran on wide when a close 2nd. He is up slightly in the weights but that is balanced a little by a closer barrier and he is the one to beat. (5) ROSE BULLET was a close 3rd behind Yeongwon Power last start on June 3rd, a race which she led for much of the way around. She too comes up slightly in weights but draws fairly enough to get a prominent early position again and she can be in this a long way. (2) TRIUMPH CAT is yet to win beyond a mile but gives every indication he can. He raced forward and ran on when scoring over the shorter distance at this class on June 5th and while he is up in weight, he can be competitive. The form drops off a little after those three but (7) SUNSET MELODY may be worthy of some thought. She seems to do better when handy to the lead and in a small field with not much pace, she might get an easy passage forward. (3) TAPIT WONDERFUL also capable of sneaking into the money.
|Selections||(4) Yeongwon Power (5) Rose Bullet (2) Triumph Cat (7) Sunset Melody|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 6|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) SARAMIRANEUNBYEOL has won at this distance in the past and looks ready to win again following his close 2nd on June 4th in a smart time when racing handy to the lead. This field is no stronger and he will be in the mix again. (6) CUPID WAY is lightly raced and comes up in class following a last start win over 1300M when handy. She doesn’t carry much weight and the smaller field is in her favour here. (5) FORT SEUONE had solid class 5 form but had a hard time on her first try at this level on June 4th behind Saramiraneunbyeol. She took a bump at the start before running on pace but uncharacteristically finished down the field. We’ll give her a pass on that and go on her form two starts back when she blew the field away at this distance. (2) WILD SOCKS is another up in class and down in weight. He is an on-pace galloper who has yet to be tried at 1400M, but he has finished off his races well and can be considered. (1) VICTORICA another in the frame.
|Selections||(4) Saramiraneunbyeol (6) Cupid Way (5) Fort Seuone (2) Wild Socks|
|Next Best||1, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 7|
Busan Race 7: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Disregard the latest start of (7) DAEAM JANGGUN over staying distance. He is better suited here with all four of his wins coming over the 1400M. He has posted fast times and while he has his fair share of weight to contend with, he is the one to beat. (1) GREAT BOSS has been very competitive of late and was a close 2nd on his first try at class 2 on June 3rd. He gets a nice draw to enhance his chances and under a light weight, should be in the mix again. (5) BABEL HIT won that June 3rd race, beating Great Boss and a few more of today’s rivals. That was his third win at the distance and while he comes up slightly in weight, he can settle midfield and run on again. (9) DOCTOR FASHION has won at this distance in the past, albeit at a much lower level. His recent form is at 1200M, but it is solid including beating plenty of these on his way to 2nd place behind Lucas Sun on June 6th. He likes to lead and if he can find his way to the front, he can be a contender here. (8) ILNYEOM TONGCHEON another to look out for in a good race.
|Selections||(7) Daeam Janggun (1) Great Boss (5) Babel Hit (9) Doctor Fashion|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
We’ll take a chance with (4) MIGHTY GOOD here. He has won two of his latest three which brings him rapidly up in class, but he comes down in weight, has the leading jockey aboard, and can win again. (5) POWER BOX is the probable favourite. HE was a big winner in February over 1300M at class 5 level and has run fairly for 5th and 4th in two starts at this class, including a fast time over today’s distance. She’ll be on or close to the speed and has solid claims. (6) BLACK MASK was a winner last start over 1700M at class 5 level. She comes up in class, back in trip and significantly down in weight and should be challenging Power Box for the early lead. (1) BERRING MAN has done all his recent work over the staying distances and drops back to one-turn for the first time in over a year. He draws well and will go back and run on and while perhaps not a winning chance, he can find the money. (3) FEVERDINI another who could sneak some money.
|Selections||(4) Mighty Good (5) Power Box (6) Black Mask (1) Berring Man|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
A wildly competitive race to finish with. We’ll take a chance on (6) NAUI NARA, a winner of two races at the distance including last start after settling midfield and running on He comes up in class here but is slightly down in weight and he will be competitive here. (1) DREAM SPEED steps up to two turns for the first time and also comes up in class after three consecutive runner-up finishes at class 5 level. She runs on well, carries next to no weight at all on her back, and has a big chance here. (4) WONDERFUL K was a winner at class and distance on June 4th in a good time. The additional weight is a steadier today but at his best he is a winning chance again. (9) FAST TRACK might offer some each-way value. He won over this distance at class 5 level in March and we can disregard his last start in the Korean Derby. (3) STELLA ROAD yet another who is firmly in this.
|Selections||(6) Naui Nara (1) Dream Speed (4) Wonderful K (9) Fast Track|
|Next Best||3, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 8, 9|