Saturday May, 15, 2021
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Fillies kick things off. There is one previous winner in the field with (1) LOVE ARCH having scored on debut at this distance in February. She then followed up by running 4th when put up to today’s trip on April 10th beating a couple of these in the process, coming from well back in the field on both occasions. That’s enough to put her in the mix here but the favourite and top pick is (6) BLACK ROOKIE. She’s raced four times for two runner-up finishes, the latest of which was in a fast time at this distance on April 3rd. Expect her to be kept close to the pace throughout and she should have a bit too much for the rest in the closing stages. (9) NEW HOPE hasn’t shown much in the way of speed but comes in off the back of consecutive 3rd places and should be able to go close again. (11) SMART DAEBO and (12) CUPID WONDER are others who have hinted at ability and can aim for places.
|Selections||(6) Black Rookie (1) Love Arch (11) Smart Daebo (9) New Hope|
|Next Best||12, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 10, 11|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Competitive looking affair with plenty coming in with decent form. There is just one previous winner in the race and we’ll go with him to repeat. (6) CATCH THE VICTORY led all the way when winning by as many as he pleased at this distance in December. For his return he led again before weakening over 1400M and has since had four months off. He returned to win a trial in fine order last week and from a good gate has strong claims here. Plenty of others look to have wins in them though. (7) BUSAN ACE and (2) DOCTOR GIANTS came home 2nd and 3rd when they raced one another at this distance on April 17th. Busan Ace led while Doctor Giants came from behind and both should be in the mix again. Disregard the latest start of (8) WONDERFUL FAGER. He went back to trial after it and drops back in trip to the distance at which he ran a good 3rd on debut. (11) JANGSAN MANGCHI has ran a decent 4th on his return from ten months out in April and can build on it today.
|Selections||(6) Catch The Victory (7) Busan Ace (2) Doctor Giants (8) Wondeful Fager|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(2) SKY MANGCHI ran a strong 2nd on debut over 1200M on April 11th, running on strongly. The additional half furlong should only be to his benefit and he looks set to be one of the hottest favourites of the day and will probably lead all the way. (7) SINDAERO looks like he is starting to figure things out and comes in off three consistent including a last start 3rd place when he ran on well after a slow start from a wide gate. (11) BIROE KING is the only runner to have already won a race. He was successful over 1200M three starts back and ran well enough for 4th at this trip last start. His running style suggests that the wide draw shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience and he has a chance here. (4) FLYING INDY and (5) CHOIN SPARK are others to consider for the places.
|Selections||(2) Sky Mangchi (7) Sindaero (11) Biroe King (5) Choin Spark|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 11|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(3) FASHION BLADE broke through at start number two over 1400M on April 10th, coming from well off the pace to win well. There is every indication that a mile should suit just fine and she is likely to be favourite to win again. It is possible to take her on though. (8) WILD INDIE came from well back to run on strongly for 2nd place over 1300M on debut on April 11th. He should have learned from that experience and is likely to be the main danger here. (10) AFLEET TAPIT ran 5th behind Wild Indie at his latest start and is another who may take to the step up in trip today. (1) JANGSAN PRIDE has mixed his form across his nine outings to date with his best result a 2nd place over 1300M. Perovic remains aboard though and he will have backers. Among those who have tackled a mile before, (12) YEONGGWANGUIRUNNER has set the fastest time and could also be a place line today.
|Selections||(8) Wild Indie (3) Fashion Blade (10) Afleet Tapit (12) Yeonggwanguirunner|
|Next Best||1, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Having won a trial in April, (1) CHOEGANG JANGSAN finished off pleasingly enough after a slightly slow start for 4th place on debut just two weeks ago. He is up in trip here and with just a little improvement off that run should be right in the mix. The likely favourite is (5) EOSEOWA. Over his five previous starts he has never finished any worse than 5th and comes in off a career-best 2nd over 1300M a month ago. From a good draw, expect him to be handy and to run on strong. (2) GO WELL has indeed gone quite well without being spectacular so far. He drops back in trip from 1700M and likes to come from behind with the only question being whether he will leave himself just a little too much to do again. (3) HEUKRYONG GAMU was a much improved 2nd over this trip last start and can be considered for a place again while (11) JILJU DAERO is another in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) Choegang Jangsan (5) Eoseowa (2) Go Well (11) Jilju Daero|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 8, 11|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(7) MUJEOK BULPAE is up in class and distance having registered his maiden win at start number two on April 17th. That was at 1200M and he ran on strong from a handy position having been drawn wide. He gets a better barrier today and while this is stiffer, he has strong claims again. (14) MILLION MAKER and (5) ADELE PUPIL came home 2nd and 3rd when they raced each other over 1200M three weeks ago. Both have a win in their records and while the draw hasn’t been kind to Million Maker, both should be in the placing frame again today. (3) RAON THE STAR has had eight-weeks off since running 4th to Adele Pupil’s 3rd at this distance. She’s yet to win in five attempts but is rarely far away and under a light weight can come into the calculations. There are plenty of other place chances throughout the field with (10) NAMYANG SEUNGNI, who beat three of these on his way to 3rd place at class and distance last start, chief among them.
|Selections||(7) Mujeok Bulpae (14) Million Maker (5) Adele Pupil (3) Raon The Star|
|Next Best||10, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 13, 14|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
Small but competitive field here. (8) STEADY CHAMPION made all to win at start number three on his first try at this distance on January 29th. He’s not raced since but comes back looking nicely in here with a repeat victory a possibility. Plenty will take him on though with a filly. (10) BEST TIME registered her solitary victory over 1000M last summer but comes in here after back to back runner-up finishes over this distance. Her running style suggests the wide draw won’t be an issue for her and she could go one better today. We’ll disregard the latest starts of both (7) LAO JIN and (6) NONSTOP WINNING who put in out of character performances. Both should be competitive in this company and are worthy of another chance here. (1) THE BEAST rarely puts in a bad race and while once more others are likely to be quicker, he could sneak into some minor money.
|Selections||(10) Best Time (8) Steady Champion (6) Nonstop Winning (7) Lao Jin|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 7, 10|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(12) BEASTLY returned from four months out to pick up from where he left off with a win over 1300M on April 11th, practically making all. He came from a similarly wide draw that day and while others have been faster at this trip in the past, he has a good chance of making it a hat-trick of wins here. (10) HAEUNDAE BADA fairly bolted in over this distance on April 4th. True it was at class 6 level but the time was fast and carrying even less weight today, she has to be a contender. (9) WONDERFUL KING remains a maiden but has finished in the top three in five out of eight starts so far. He beat plenty of these when 2nd at class and distance on April 17th and can find his way into the money again. (8) EAST BELLE and (11) GOOD SOCKS are others who can compete for at least a place.
|Selections||(12) Beastly (10) Haeundae Bada (9) Wonderful King (11) Good Socks|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 10|
Seoul Race 5: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 35 Million
(6) TOUGH MAN comes in here looking to make it three wins in a row. He is up in both class and in distance but he draws nicely to get to the front early and can lead all the way. This isn’t an easy assignment though. (4) ALL THAT KOREA may not exactly win out of turn but he has proven himself consistently capable of running good times at this distance. His one victory came three starts back and he has maintained his form well with a 2nd and a 3rd since and while he is giving away plenty of weight, must be taken seriously. So too must (14) BALVENIE. He continued the solid start to his career with 4th place behind All That Korea last month and is another who has consistently run fast times. Those three look to be the standouts with (7) SUN BOOM and (8) SARYEONI WNNER among others who could compete for places.
|Selections||(6) Tough Man (4) All That Korea (14) Balvenie (8) Saryeoni Winner|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7, 14|
Busan Race 5: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 42 Million
(9) CHOEGANG SSONSAL didn’t appear to agree with the step up to a mile last start when he led into the straight before ending up in 6th place. Back in trip today and down in weight as well he has a good chance of returning to the winner’s circle. This is a tough race. (4) MIRACLE DREAMING comes in off a series of near-misses, most recently running 2nd to Choegang Ssonsal and ahead of a host of others who go again here on March 27th. He can run well both on pace and from behind and he will have plenty of backers to get it right this time. He will probably start the favourite. (3) WONDERFUL PEACE was 3rd in that March race but came back out three weeks later to register a good class and distance win. She doesn’t suffer too much in the weights for that and draws nicely again. (2) ADELE SPIKE and (7) BANJIUI JEONSEOL are others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(9) Choegang Ssonsal (4) Miracle Dreaming (3) Wonderful Peace (7) Banjiui Jeonseol|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 6: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 42 Million
(7) CLEAN UP HAPPY won back to back races over 1200M in January and February before just coming up short in a tight finish with Whiz Moment at this class and distance on April 10th. The Paynter gelding can be on pace here and has an excellent chance. The one he needs to beat is (8) SPEED GO. A winner of three from five to date, he is ostensibly up in class today but given that he has the fastest time of any of these for the distance to his name, that shouldn’t be much of an issue. He carries next to nothing on his back and will be aiming or the lead early. He has solid claims. Those two look to be the standouts but (4) MUDO was a good class and distance winner last start and despite a heavy impost, shouldn’t be discounted. (3) NEW MOON WARRIOR and (12) GEOMPO are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(7) Clean Up Happy (8) Speed Go (4) Mudo (12) Geompo|
|Next Best||3, 14|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 12, 13|
Busan Race 6: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 35 Million
(13) FANTASTIC MAN was a beaten favourite at class and distance on April 4th, ending up in 4th place having never seemingly managed to find top gear. The time before he was a winner and while he was carrying significantly less weight that day, we will give him another chance here. (3) SEONGSAN POWER was among those who finished ahead of Fantastic Man in April although he could only manage 6th when quickly backing up a couple of weeks later. A placing is possible here. (5) TOP MATE continues to dodge the winner’s circle. He now has six runner-up finishes and a 3rd from his eight starts so far but comes in off his worst finish of 4th over a mile. He tries two-turns for the first time and will be there or thereabouts again. (2) TRIUMPH CAT and (6) BUCATINI are others to look out for.
|Selections||(13) Fantastic Man (5) Top Mate (3) Seongsan Power (6) Bucatini|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 8, 13|
Seoul Race 7: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(2) LUCKY WORLD is up in class having got his maiden win at this distance on April 3rd when he sat handy before cruising away in the later stages. In doing so he posted the fastest time of any of these at 1200M and from a nice draw, he can repeat. The main danger is (1) GAJA PLAN. While he was lackluster first-up off a four-month layoff in March, he was much better when 2nd on April 10th having led for much of the way around. Expect him to lead again and to go close. (10) AROMA ran 6th behind Gaja Plan in that April race. He has previously run 2nd twice at this distance and has placing claims here. He is likely to dispute the minor money with the likes of (4) JANGSU NABOM and (8) GOLDEN JAY.
|Selections||(2) Lucky World (1) Gaja Plan (10) Aroma (4) Jangsu Nabom|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 35 Million
Having registered a couple of decent wins at shorter distance around the turn of the year, (5) ROCK NEWS has been stepped up to further and has shown some aptitude for it 2nd and a 4th. That 2nd was at today’s distance and from a nice draw he can sit handy here and should prove too strong late on. (7) A TO Z comes up in distance having found some form over 1400M in recent starts. He carries a very light weight and can go close here. (4) CHOIN GANGJA was a Derby also-ran last year and while recent form hasn’t been great he has previously shown some ability at two turns and should be aiming for the places at least in this company. (6) BISAYEON and (12) ACE CANT can both be forgiven their respective latest efforts and again look capable of competing for minor money here.
|Selections||(5) Rock News (7) A To Z (4) Choin Gangja (12) Ace Cant|
|Next Best||6, 11|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 10, 12|