KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Sunday November 11, 2018
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Weak maiden to begin with so a good opportunity for plenty of these who otherwise wouldn’t come close to a win. (5) JEONGMUN K has been getting better across five starts so far and comes in off a decent 3rd in a better race than this last time out. He has as much chance as any here. (6) GOD OF SOCKS registered a 3rd place on debut back in July and while he hasn’t yet managed to match that. He doesn’t look completely bereft of ability and should be on pace early today. (4) REIGN too showed improvement last time and should get close here while (1) KING N I and (7) ROAD MAN are slightly lesser prospects but can challenge for the places.
|Selections||(6) God Of Socks (5) Jeongmun K (4) Reign (1) King N I|
|Fast Start||3, 6|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maiden here with all except one having raced before. (4) ACE SOLONGO is one of three who have raced twice and she comes in off a close 2nd place over 1000M a month ago. She ran on well and could benefit from stepping up in trip for the first time. The increased distance may also benefit (2) DOKDO YA, who ran 5th in debut last month finishing off well. (7) GEOM HONG debuted at this distance four weeks ago and ran well for 4th. He started well that day before dropping back and then rallying and today could be on pace. (8) STRIDE UP was 2nd – albeit a fair way behind the winner – when up to this trip for his second start. (5) WONDER BRACING ran very greenly on debut all the way back in August but still managed to finish 3rd. He’s had some time off so it’s a fresh start today and with Antonio Da Silva taking the mount, he can go close.
|Selections||(4) Ace Solongo (7) Geom Hong (5) Wonder Bracing (2) Dokdo Ya|
|Next Best||8, 6|
Seoul Race 3: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) BEST EVER was a five-length winner on debut on October 14th, coming from just off the pace to score impressively at this distance. He’s up in class here and will need to improve but the manner of that win suggests there is more to come. (2) MAPAEBONG was a similarly impressive class 6 winner in August and beat a couple of these on his way to 3rd place on his first try at this level last month. He looks the main danger here. (5) JEWANGUI BYEOL returned from more than six months off to run a creditable 5th at this distance at the end of September. He should come on for the run here. (10) DUSON WANGJA and (12) STAR LIST remain maidens but both come in off the back of useful 2nd places at class and distance and both have a chance to repeat.
|Selections||(7) Best Ever (2) Mapaebong (5) Jewangui Byeol (10) Duson Wangja|
|Next Best||12, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 12|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(6) MAJJABEUN SON was a slightly unexpected winner at class and distance on September 29th, coming from off the pace to record his maiden win at the seventeenth time of asking. She only carries and extra couple of kilos today and Johan Victoire remains aboard and a repeat can’t be ruled out. (1) TRIPLE HAPPY took to this distance well when sent up for the first time last start, running out a close 2nd. He’ll join Majjabeun Son in looking to close strongly. That pace could be set by (2) FLYING JOY who can have a line drawn through his latest effort as he was impeded by a riderless horse and who has shown he can be competitive at class and distance. (3) SISPUMA WINNER and (9) ONNURI ALBA are others to take into account.
|Selections||(6) Majjabeun Son (1) Triple Hapy (2) Flying Joy (3) Sispuma Winner|
|Next Best||9, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 7|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
This isn’t a very strong race so attention needs to be paid to (6) DONGSEO GADEUK, whose 6th place at the distance last time was in stiffer company, He was some way behind the winner but not far off 3rd and can go very close here. (7) POX RANGER remains a maiden but ran well at this distance last time out and should be in the hunt while (4) GEOBOOGI MANSE similarly can be given another chance after a lackluster showing last time out, with good form leading up to it. (2) SO ARA DAEWANG and the up in class but yet to win (9) DAEMYEONG SOLAR, are others who should be in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(6) Dongseo Gadeuk (7) Pox Ranger (9) Daemyeong Solar (4) Geoboogi Manse|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 9|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(5) CHOCO CANDY is a half-sister to the KRA owned Mr. Crow, who runs in the United States and she has gone well in two starts to date, finishing 4th on debut in August before winning on reappearance in early October. She should be on pace here and can make it two in a row. (4) GOLD HAMMER has run 3rd in both his starts so far and the Aussie import should appreciate the additional trip today. (7) JOUNIGA was a good 3rd on debut four weeks ago at this distance and looks likely to go close too. (1) THUNDER BLADE is another promising one who was solid on debut over 1000M last month while (2) MIGHTY WING has been beaten by a couple of these already (Gold Hammer and Jouniga) but looks to have potential for improvement.
|Selections||(5) Choco Candy (4) Gold Hammer (7) Jouniga (1) Thunder Blade|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 10|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) ONE IN A BILLION took a couple of goes to figure things out but has run well in both his latest two finishing 3rd and 2nd. This is a nicely competitive race but he should be on pace from the start and can finish on top. (3) SAMRYUK EUTTEUM enters following back to back 2nd places, the latter of which was at this distance. Both times he’s been a long way behind a good winner and he does remain a maiden but he should be close at hand once more. (10) RICAHRDOFNEWSTEAD bled last time and got sent back to trial but he looked very good when completing that trial last week and may be more of a factor today. (7) STAR PLATINUM ran poorly last time but can be given another chance here while (9) DAEBAK HAENGJIN showed promise on his first try at this distance last time out and is another who can improve.
|Selections||(2) One In A Billion (3) Samryuk Eutteum (10) Richardofnewstead (9) Daebak Haengjin|
|Next Best||7, 4, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5|
Seoul Race 8: Class 3 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(1) ROAD KING is a prolific second-place getter and has finished runner-up in five of his last eight starts, including both his latest two at class and distance. From the inside gate today, he will be on or close to the early pace and could go one better here. If he falls short again, (10) SPEED IS KHAN could be the one to take advantage. He beat Road King back in July at class 4 and since then has run in two good 2nd place finishes of his own at this level. He is another one who likes to race prominently – which isn’t easy from his gate given the short run to the first turn – and if he can get a good position, he can win. (2) MY VISION and (6) ROYAL PARK both come in with recent form reading reasonably positively and can get close while (5) TEUKBYEOL STAR steps back up in trip for the first time in a while and might be worth an outside chance on a place.
|Selections||(10) Speed Is Khan (1) Road King (6) Royal Park (5) Teukbyeol Star|
|Next Best||2, 9, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) LUCKY ROOKIE ran out a five-length winner at class and distance last time out and while he’s carrying an additional 5kg today the colt, who is now in the care of Italian trainer Luigi Riccardi, has every chance of a repeat and is the one to beat. (1) ACE CANT steps back in trip after a good 2nd place over 1700M last time out. He won well at 1200M in the summer and can be dangerous here. (9) SARYEONI WIN’s recent form has been good and he ran a decent 2nd to Jumeok Dokki at class and distance last time. (2) WINNER SPIRIT and (7) FIORE, the latter up in class following a sharp win at this distance in early September, are others who could be in the hunt for places.
|Selections||(4) Lucky Rookie (1) Ace Cant (9) Saryeoni Win (7) Fiore|
|Next Best||2, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 11|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) SHANGHAI JORDAN steps up in class after recording his second win in four outings on October 6th. It was over 1000M, as all of his races have been so far, and if he overcomes the step up in trip, he has a good chance of scoring again. (5) CHAMBIT and (6) WOOSEORA ICHEON look to have the best chances of stopping him. Both come in after strong showings in their respective latest outings and Wooseroa Icheon especially is dangerous at this distance. (1) SKY DOLPUNG is inconsistent but can run well on his day and can be forgiven his latest outing at 1300M. (9) BEST BULLET is up in class after winning over 1000M on the last day of September. He didn’t race especially generously that day but still had enough about him to secure the victory and he could go well here too.
|Selections||(2) Shanghai Jordan (6) Wooseora Icheon (5) Chambit (9) Best Bullet|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7|
Seoul Race 11: Class 1 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(10) GAON CHAMP takes his chane at class 1 for the first time here. His only two defeats to date have been in Seoul’s Classic trial in March and the KRA Cup Mile (Triple Crown 1st leg) in April. His two victories since have been easy. The distance is a slight concern though. As 1400M appears to be on the upper limit of his capabilities at the moment but he is a genuine talent. He’s up against track record holder for the distance (5) SANGGAM MAMA but he labored under 58kg last time and will possibly have the same problem late on in this race, giving so much weight away to his rivals. That leaves (1) DIA SOCKS as the main danger and possible favourite. He comes in following three consecutive 3rd place finishes at distances varying from 1200M to 2300M and looks to only be getting better. (2) SAMSEONG BULPAE and (8) DYNAMIC JILJU are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(10) Gaon Champ (1) Dia Socks (5) Sanggam Mama (2) Samseong Bulpae|
|Next Best||8, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 9, 10|