KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday November 10, 2018
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Very ordinary maiden to begin with. (8) FINAL CAPTAIN and (5) CHANGSEONG ILHO have come the closest of these with both having a 3rd place to their name, the latter at this distance. Final Captain may be preferred here though. He didn’t go especially well on his first try at this distance last time but had a poor start and ran on well after. (1) PINEAPPLE MARK has raced four times in useful company so far and should improve here. (6) JEOKTO BIMA led for much of his first try around this distance last start only to blow up late on and she should have come on for that.
|Selections||(1) Pineapple Mark (8) Final Captain (6) Jeokto Bima (5) Changseong Ilho|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 8|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens only here and six of the eleven are racing for the very first time. Taking the experienced ones first though and (11) SENTOSA looks to have a good shout here. She debuted in a valuable race in August before returning with a decent 3rd place at this distance a month ago. The widest gate may not be ideal but with a little improvement, she can win this. (10) BARAMEUL GEURIDA too did nothing wrong when 5th on debut back in September and returns here following nine weeks off. The rest of the likely ones come from among the first-timers. (7) CHARON BLADE is chief among them. She won a trial in fine fashion at the end of August and while it’s taken her a while to make it to the track, her stable is bang in form now and she should go well. (3) SUNSHINE TEUKGEUP and (6) WIND RIVER are others who showed some promise in trials and it may be worth watching out for them in the market.
|Selections||(7) Charon Blade (11) Sentosa (10) Baraeul Geurida (6) Wind River|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 10, 11|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
More juvenile maidens – eleven of the twelve are fillies and only three have raced before. As ever, we’ll start with the experienced ones and of the trio, only (1) HAE SAEM CHAN did much on debut, running 4th of 11. That was all the way back in August but it still might be enough to see her to favourite status here. The only trial winner was (9) MATCH QUEEN. She’s a half-sister to Hansen Glory who has been pretty useful in seven starts so far and will be well-backed first-up here. (10) LUXURY TOWN and (8) WONDERFUL WARRIOR trialed up together finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively. There was four-lengths between them and that will be reflected in their odds today but both can go well. (7) SPEED FLYING is another to take note of. Trainer Song Moon Gil has had an uncharacteristically quiet time recently but could get back in form here.
|Selections||(1) Hae Saem Chan (9) Match Queen (10) Luxury Town (8) Wonderful Warrior|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||9, 10, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(2) CHEONGDAM JEPAE returned from five months off in September and has run well twice since, both at this distance. He’s drawn well to get on speed today and he can go all the way. (3) LUCKY SOCHEON has only raced twice but she’s shown promise, improving to 3rd in the latest of those. She’s started slowly and run on well both times and the additional trip today should suit. (4) HEUNG BUJA did nothing wrong when stepped up to this distance for her second start last month and she too can continue to improve here. (7) STEEL RUN’s one previous effort at 1300M didn’t go well but she comes in here off her best finish to date when 2nd at the minimum distance a month ago and could be better this time. (8) M.J. TOWN is another with the potential to improve.
|Selections||(2) Cheongdam Jepae (3) Lucky Socheon (4) Heung Buja (7) Steel Run|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) BODEURAM had a hard time when sent up to 1200M last start but back at the minimum today, should be much better. He has a win and a 2nd place from his latest two outings at this trip and looks dangerous here. (10) FANTASTIC QUEEN and (9) DOUBLE A came home 2nd and 3rd respectively when they raced each other at class and distance on October 13th in what was arguably a slightly stronger race than this. Both met a bit of trouble in running but overcame it well and both should be in the hunt here. (1) THE PRIMA was further back in that same race after starting slowly, however, it was her first start since January and she’ll surely be better today now the cobwebs have been blown off. (6) FINAL STORM has struggled in his latest two but may be worth another chance today with Antonio Da Silva taking the mount.
|Selections||(2) Bodeuram (10) Fantastic Queen (9) Double A (1) The Prima|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 6, 8|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Eleven imported juvenile go around here with only two of them having raced before. One of those, however, is (9) GLOBAL CAPTAIN, a three-length winner on debut on October 13th over this distance and looking very hard to beat once more. (5) TRIPLE KHAN debuted in the same race, finishing in 5th place and he can look to better it today although it’s more likely that some of the first-timers can put up a better fight. First Samurai filly (3) ECHO FIRST ON looked fast in a trial last month and looks set to go well first up while (4) THE SPIKER was slower but similarly competent in his heat just two weeks ago. (11) DAEGUNUI GIL went through three trials and when he finally got it right last week, he too looked to have plenty of potential.
|Selections||(9) Global Captain (3) Echo First On (11) Daegunui Gil (4) The Spiker|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 8, 9|
Race 7: Class 5 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 90 Million
Juveniles only and some nice looking ones are involved. (7) GEUMBIT JANGIN was an eight-length winner on debut and the colt, a full-brother to K-Tap, who was prodigious himself as a juvenile – has every chance of making it two from two here. (9) GYORYONG UNU raced greenly on debut before having his jockey unseated (the fault of another horse) on his second appearance. He got it right at the third time of asking by a full five-lengths three weeks ago and he also looks to have plenty of potential. (4) CHANGPA is yet to win but has three 2nd place finishes to her name and can get close again. (5) WONDERFUL EVIL (6) BLACK ZAPPER and (10) CHEOGANG STAR all come in off maiden wins last start and look set to go well again in what is potentially a really good race.
|Selections||(7) Geumbit Jangin (9) Gyoryong Unu (4) Changpa (10) Choegang Star|
|Next Best||5, 6, 8|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 9, 10|
Race 8: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
It took (8) SURFING POINT a while to figure things out but he’s won his latest two very handily indeed to rapidly get promoted two classes. He faces a bunch of imports today but there’s nothing especially intimidating and he could make it three in a row. The most intriguing of the opponents is (2) CATS MIRACLE. The Discreet Cat gelding looked very nice in trials, cruising home on top in a heat in mid-October and if he brings that form to the track, he’ll go very close. (1) GEUMA FALCON raced a couple of times earlier this year without exactly pulling up any trees but returns here for the first time since April having gone very fast in an October trial and will be well-backed. (4) CHEONUN DONGHAENG did nothing on debut except get bumped about a bit but also looked a force in a trial two weeks ago. As for those who have actually done something in an actual race recently, (9) DALLYEORA LEO looks the pick.
|Selections||(8) Surfing Point (2) Cats Miracle (1) Geuma Falcon (9) Dallyeora Leo|
|Next Best||4, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 8|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) MACH SEUNGNI continued his run of good form by beating four of these when winning by a nose at class and distance on October 7th. He hasn’t missed the top three in any of his last six starts and doesn’t suffer much weight-wise here. He has every chance of winning again. (2) STORMY was the one who was just a nose back in 2nd that day, an improvement for him compared with other recent starts, while (5) ROYAL BOKSUNI was 3rd. She’s won at this distance before and can be a danger too. (4) PERFECT CLONE was further back that day but met some trouble in running and can get closer here. Among those who didn’t go in that race, (7) STRONG CAPTAIN enters after a useful class and distance 3rd and could at least repeat here.
|Selections||(3) Mach Seungni (7) Strong Captain (2) Stormy (5) Royal Boksuni|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||5, 9|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Very competitive race here. The slight pick is (12) L CAR who in his latest two outings has been beaten only by Dokdo Jigi and Hae Hu, both of whom are very useful animals and he looks to have scope for plenty more development. He is though drawn in the car-park and it won’t be easy. (11) CHODONG RACE and (9) HANSEN GLORY are both up in class having run 1st and 3rd over 1000M a month ago. Both can be competitive here but do look as if they have a bit to find in this company. Perhaps more suited to this level will be (5) CYBER, who was an all-the-way winner over 1300M at the end of September and is nicely drawn to get the lead again. (8) MUSA didn’t enjoy the hot summer by all accounts but started to show some form when 2nd in a similar race four weeks ago and can get a chance here too. Also not to be ignored is (3) COMPLETE SWEEP. He’s won three of six so far but hasn’t raced since the very tough HRI Trophy on International Weekend in early September. We can draw a line through that one and give him another chance here.
|Selections||(12) L Car (8) Musa (3) Complete Sweep (5) Cyber|
|Next Best||11, 9, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 8, 9, 10|
Race 11: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(5) JJANG KONG got his maiden win at the second time of asking on October 7th, scoring by a full nine-lengths over 1300M. He steps up in class today and marginally in distance too but neither should be an issue and he can win again. (2) DUE’S INDY COOP has come back into some form recently and while he’s been a well-beaten 4th in both his latest two outings, they have been behind good horses. Similarly, (4) MONEY BLADE has run well in recent efforts and should get close here. (6) USEUNG HOUSE steps back in trip after a solid effort in 2nd place over 1700M a month ago. He’ll be slowly away but can be dangerous late on. (7) TO GO WIN returns to racing for the first time since April and looked fast in a trial in mid-October.
|Selections||(5) Jjang Kong (4) Money Blade (2) Due’s Indy Coop (6) Useung House|
|Next Best||7, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 10|
Race 12: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(4) GRACE CITY beat three of these on his way to 3rd place at class and distance in August. He hasn’t raced since then but looks nicely in here to go even better today. The main danger is perhaps (11) KENTUCKY YEONIN, who enters having run 2nd to the very good Mr. Champion at the distance at the beginning of October. She’ll need to overcome the widest draw to get on pace but certainly has claims. (6) GIO STAR is one race into a comeback following four months off and can improve here. (2) SCARLET WITCH was one of those behind Grace City back in August and while she didn’t run well on her one start since then, can be considered form improvement today. (3) NONGBON DAERO, who went on a winning streak in the first half of the year but has perhaps found his level recently, drops back in trip today and may come into contention.
|Selections||(4) Grace City (3) Nongbon Daero (11) Kentucky Yeonin (6) Gio Star|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 8, 11|