KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Sunday August 11, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(9) AN MOK HANG was beaten when favourite on her latest start four weeks ago. That was against considerably better opposition than she faces today though and her previous runs suggest she has every chance here. (8) CHEONEUN JJANG comes in after a useful 3rd place last time out and looks to be one of the main dangers although (1) SEUNGNI JEONSEOL has also proven capable of running competitive times – she was found to have been slightly lame after her latest run and has had seven weeks off. If (10) SEOUL MAGIC can get a good start from the wide draw, he has placing claims too. There are two debut makers and of them, (4) JEONGMUN LASER put in a handy performance in his trial.
|Selections||(9) An Mok Hang (8) Cheoneun Jjang (4) Jeongmun Laser (1) Seungni Jeonseol|
|Next Best||10, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 9, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(7) MENI STAND returned from seven months out to run 3rd at thus distance on July 20th. She shifted in at the start that day and lost quite a bit of ground, only really making it up in the final furlong. If she gets a better start and gives herself more of a chance here, then she can win. (5) RAON JOY enters off the back of a pair of 3rd place finishes and can aim to match or even better those today while (1) NONGBUI SUCHEAHWA is another who had a hard time coming out of the gate on what was her debut six weeks ago but then ran on well. She should have come on for that and can improve here. (4) STORM FORCE and (12) FAMILY PARK are others in the frame.
|Selections||(7) Meni Stand (5) Raon Joy (1) Nongbui Sucheahwa (4) Storm Force|
|Next Best||12, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 8, 12|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens here with only four of the twelve having raced before. One of those is set to be favourite though. (4) STRONG QUEEN was very slow to begin on debut from a wide draw but ran on very nicely to claim 5th. She’s much better drawn today and looks the one to beat. (2) WONDER PLACE debuted in the same race and while she came home 9th, Moon Se Young being aboard today will interest some. As for the other chances, it’s likely to be the first-timer starters. (8) DANGCHAN BARAM looks the best of them, having won her trial in a good time, beating a couple of these along the way. (7) RAON TOUGH MAN was also a trial winner and while his time was a little slower, can be considered first up too. (9) QUIET ADELE, 3rd in a trial behind Dangchan Baram, looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Strong Queen (8) Dangchan Baram (7) Raon Tough Man (2) Wonder Place|
|Next Best||9, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 8, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
After an inauspicious debut in February, (7) KINGS CARRIAGE has put in two consecutive 3rd place finishes. He should be on the early speed today and has an excellent chance of improving further and making the breakthrough. (9) DIAVOLA finished behind King’s Carriage back in June but has since picked up a 3rd place of her own over 1200M four weeks ago. She can be a big danger here. Those two look head and shoulders above the rest although (4) CHEONNYEONUI GODO has hinted at ability and may compete for a place along with (6) WONDERFUL HEELS and (12) CHOEGANG CAMP, the latter making just her second start having looked useful in recent trials.
|Selections||(7) Kings Carriage (9) Diavola (12) Cheogang Camp (4) Cheonnyeonui Godo|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 8, 11|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) GABO PULL QUEEN missed the break by a length or so when favourite over 1200M on July 13th and while without that she may still not have won, it certainly didn’t help her as she ended up running out 4th. She has a 2nd place to her name at class and distance though and she can be expected to go much closer today. Moon Se Young rides her for the second time, with the first having been her solitary victory. (1) CAMP BADA and (5) GEUM ROYAL came home 4th and 5th behind Gabo Pull Queen back in June and both have proven competitive at this level, as has (6) PRIME QUEEN. The three of those look likely to pose the biggest potential threats to the favourite although (3) NONSTOP FLYING is another who can go close.
|Selections||(2) Gabo Pull Queen (6) Prime Queen (5) Geum Royal (3) Nonstop Flying|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 7|
Race 6: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) FLYING BULLET comes in here seeking her third consecutive victory having made all in her latest two, both over this distance and the latter at this class. She does carry 4kg more than last time but has potential for another win here. (5) FEDERAL CAT and (6) BAEKSANG came home 3rd and 4th respectively with just a length between them when they raced each other over class and distance on July 13th and both should be in at least the placing hunt once again. (2) DAEHAN ILPUM was just beaten a neck mat class and distance last start and can be respected here. (1) BULUI QUEEN remains a maiden after six attempts but is rarely too far away and drops back in trip following a creditable 5th over 1700M last time.
|Selections||(4) Flying Bullet (6) Baeksang (5) Federal Cat (1) Bului Queen|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 8|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(8) DAEGUNUI GEOM returned from three months off to just get pipped by a nose in a good race at class and distance on June 15th. He had two of these behind him that day and following another eight weeks off, he looks ready to win. (5) LIL’ PATRON was one of those he beat that day and he looks to have potential for further development. He also runs for the first time since. (1) ENDURANCE was an also-ran in the Korean Derby this year and has finished 2nd in both subsequent starts. He’s up in class today but should be on pace and is likely to aim to be on pace. (4) BULGULUI RUNNER was an improved 3rd on what was just his second start in July and he can maintain his progress here. (6) CLEAN UP HERO returned to some kind of form with a 3rd place last time and can aim for the minor money again.
|Selections||(8) Daegunui Geom (1) Endurance (5) Lil’ Patron (4) Bulgului Runner|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 8|
Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
After a strong of near-misses, it’s about time (2) HOPE KINGDOM made the breakthrough and actually won a race. In two goes at this trip, he’s been beaten a nose the first time and then by three-quarters of a length the second. He can sit behind the early speed here and finish strongly. (11) ROYAL SMARTY is another who has taken to this distance well having run 2rd in his first try at it on July 14th. He’ll be a danger as will (4) TO THE VICTORY, who attempts two turns for the first time but could well get a soft early lead here and if he sees out the trip, could pull off a surprise. (7) INDIAN BOSS and (9) SUN QUEEN are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(2) Hope Kingdom (11) Royal Smarty (4) To The Victory (7) Indian Boss|
|Next Best||9, 10|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(9) ALIBABA MARINE was just beaten a nose over 1200M on June 23rd, having run 3rd the time before that. He steps up to two-turns for the first time today and it could be exactly what he needs to make the breakthrough. (1) DAE BYEONHWA has plenty of experience at this distance including a very good 2nd place last time. From the inside gate, he’ll be on pace from the start and should be a danger at the business end. (2) MAENGJU has been inconsistent over eight outings so far but has ability at this distance and can be in line for a place. (5) DONGBANG JIJON and (11) SPEED YEONGUNG are others who can be taken into consideration.
|Selections||(9) Alibaba Marine (1) Dae Byeonhwa (2) Maengju (5) Dongbang Jijon|
|Next Best||11, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2|
Race 10: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) SMILE GIRL won the Tokyo City Keiba Trophy in April but then had a hard time in both the Korean Oaks and Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup, the final two legs of the “Triple Tiara” Back in more amenable company today and at perhaps a more suitable trip, she should be on pace from the start and can return to the winner’s circle. (9) JANGSAN FLY is the big danger. After winning at this distance at class 5 in May, he stepped up to 1700M for his first crack at this level in June, running a solid 3rd. He’ll come from off the pace here and has plenty of potential. (7) NEW PARADIGM is up in class following an eye-catching ten-length win over this distance in June and should be competitive. (2) HAEDEULMOE and (10) GEOM HYANG, the latter rapidly up in class following back to back wins, are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(6) Smile Girl (9) Jangsan Fly (7) New Paradigm (10) Geom Hyang|
|Next Best||2, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 11|
Race 11: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(3) DOKDO YA was somewhat surprisingly beaten into 2nd by Chodong Bobae on his latest start a month ago but he still looks a real talent. He returns to two-turns here and looks by some margin the one to beat. (2) RAON STELLA has won his latest two to get promoted to this class but he will need to improve significantly if he is to challenge the favourite. Instead, greater dangers are likely to be (1) LIVINGSTONE, a prolific money winner – if not actual winner – at this level and who should be on speed from the start, and (7) DAECHEON ACE, 2nd in a decent class and distance affair last time out and who potentially has more to come. (5) SPEED HWANGNYONG was a somewhat unexpected winner last time out and while he carries an additional 4kg today, can be respected.
|Selections||(3) Dokdo Ya (1) Livingstone (2) Raon Stella (7) Daecheon Ace|
|Next Best||5, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 9|
Race 12: Class 3 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
It took (8) TOP BRAIN a while – and a visit to the gelders – to figure things out but he’s been very good in his latest two, winning both well. Accordingly, that means he is up in class today and he also tackles two-turns for the first time. Neither should be too much of an issue for him though and he’s favoured to win again. He’s not the only one to come in with a win streak to protect though. (3) DUSON WANGJA has also won his latest two and they have both been at this distance. Top Brain may have a bit more potential for improvement but Duson Wangja, under a lighter weight, can give him problems. (1) DAEGUNUI CHANG enters in very consistent form. He tries the distance for the first time and while he carries plenty of weight, should be in the hunt again. (2) FLORIDA POWER and (5) HAWAII BOSS are others with claims on at least a place.
|Selections||(8) Top Brain (3) Duson Wangja (1) Daegunui Chang (2) Florida Power|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7|
Race 13: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(9) DADDY GLORY is up in class following a five-length score over this distance at the end of June. That was her third win in eight starts and she still has the potential to get better. She’ll need to overcome a relatively wide draw to get on pace but does look the one to beat. (3) MATCH QUEEN has beaten her before during a streak of four consecutive wins. However, she’s not raced since being well back in the TCK Trophy in April. She came back quite lame from that race and has accordingly been off for almost four months. She’s talented but hasn’t trialed up in preparation for this and may need the run. (8) MAMBO KHAN drops back in trip after a couple of solid efforts at further and has placing claims while (1) SKY DOLPUNG and (7) STAR POWER are others who can go close in what is a very nice looking race.
|Selections||(9) Daddy Glory (3) Match Queen (8) Mambo Khan (1) Sky Dolpung|
|Next Best||7, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 9|
Race 14: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(8) MEGALIOS has won two of his latest three, the most recent being a slightly unexpected four-length win over this distance on June 29th. The increase in weight today is a concern although he has carried similar to victory before, albeit in a lower class of racing. He’ll be on pace early and could win again. (1) CRAZY WIKI steps up to the distance for the first time and should be a danger while (7) COVERGIRL JUSTICE races for the first time since being an also-ran in June’s Ttukseom Cup. She made all to win over 1700M three starts back and udner a nice light weight and relatively fresh today, can go close. (2) SUPER FLUID and (10) GUREUM WANGJA are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(8) Megalios (7) Covergirl Justice (1) Crazy Wiki (2) Super Fluid|
|Next Best||10, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 8, 10|
Race 15: Class 1 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(6) GLOBAL CAPTAIN stepped up to this class on July 7th to record his fifth win in seven starts. It was a fast time and he looks to have plenty of potential for more. He’s drawn well to get forward early and could win again. Runner-up that day was (3) DIA SOCKS, who finished less than a length in arrears and today is down in the weights. He can be a threat again. The one they’ll both need to beat though is (12) SPRING BACK. He tackles this class for the first time having made all to win in a very quick time at this trip in June. He has been beaten by Global Captain before but that was at 1400M and while Moon Se Young, who rode him last time, gets on Dia Socks today, he still has a real chance. As for the rest, (4) JANGSAN POWER is capable of mixing it with the best at this level while (11) CHEONJIGA returns from four months off and looked well in a July trial.
|Selections||(6) Global Captain (3) Dia Socks (12) Spring Back (4) Jangsan Power|
|Next Best||2, 5, 11|
|Fast Start||4, 6, 7, 12|