KOREA: Busan Racecourse – Friday April 12, 2019
Race1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(11) GAMDONGUI SUNGAN beat three of these on his way to his second 3rd place finish last start. He only needs a top three finish to be up in class next time and he can exit the bottom tier of racing with a win here. (7) FINE TRUMPET has shown some ability in two starts so far, finishing 5th and 4th and can continue to make progress here. (4) SPICE ROCK, half to Triple Nine is yet to offer much and was well back behind Gamdongui Sungan last start but still has every chance of coming good and can improve today. (6) GASOK BULKKOT and (12) SMILE KOREA are others with the potential to get better.
|Selections||(11) Gamdongui Sungan (7) Fine Trumpet (4) Spice Rock (12) Smile Korea|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 11|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) NEW QUEEN comes in having been 2nd and 4th in her latest two, both at this distance, and looks the one to beat. From a good draw she can settle just off the early pace and finish strongly. (5) SILVER BEST finished 5th behind New Queen four weeks ago. He has a length and a half to find here and is another who can improve. (11) BAEKDU DAEHO drops back in trip after a couple of useful performances at a mile and can be involved. (6) DONGBANG NARAE finished 5th on debut three weeks ago and can build on the here while the wildcard is (12) JEONGUIUI GITBAL. He too finished 5th on debut a year ago almost to the day. He trialled up nicely in March and can go well first-up here.
|Selections||(4) New Queen (5) Silver Best (12) Jeonguiui Gitbal (11) Baekdu Daeho|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 10, 11|
Race 3: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Small but competitive field. It’s hard to recommend a twenty-race maiden but (2) DONE IT MY really has as good a chance as any. He ran well for a strong class and distance 4th last start, beating a couple of these in the process and today could be his day. (4) HANEOLUI BIT is a maiden too, although he has only raced eight times. He registered a good 2nd at this distance in December to get promoted to this class and then ran a creditable 5th on his first latest outing in February. He comes in off seven weeks rest and can play a big role. (3) TORNADO KING was one of those beaten by Done It My last start but should get to the front here and can go better. (1) MUJEOK BEAT and (7) INTERCEPTOR best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Haneolui Bit (2) Done It My (7) Interceptor (3) Tornado King|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 4|
Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) CHEONNYEONUIJILJU is yet to win but has now finished 2nd on no fewer than four of his seven career starts. Franco Da Silva takes the mount for the first time. He should be on pace early and today should be his day. If he does fall short once more then (2) SUMMIT TODAY, who ran 3rd to (8) ON DAY’s 2nd last time at class and distance, looks the biggest danger. He’ll be on pace as well and should certainly overturn the form on On Day and challenge the favourite. (11) DOCTOR WEEK is up in class after a nice-looking three-length win at this distance three weeks ago. The draw has not been kind, but he can be competitive. (12) GHOST RIDER is a proven money winner at this level and should be in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(4) Cheonnyeonuijilju (2) Summit Today (11) Doctor Week (12) Ghost Rider|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 9, 11|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Four of these raced each other at class and distance on March 15th. It was (5) HALLA HWANGHU who came out on top that day, finishing in 3rd place – having been sent off as favourite – and she’s worth another chance today. (6) NALGAEREUL PYEORA was 4th in that race, less than a length in arrears and should get close again while (11) MORNING BRAVO was further back in 6th but can improve on that today. Among those who didn’t go in that race, (9) ACE BOOM is up in class after a solid win at this distance four weeks ago. She was beaten by Halla Hwanghu in February but looks to have come on since. (2) POWER AMAZING, a “full” brother to Triple Crown winner Power Blade, was a winner at this class over a mile last start and interestingly drops right back in trip here. He will have backers.
|Selections||(5) Halla Hwanghu (2) Power Amazing (9) Ace Boom (6) Nalgaereul Pyeora|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||5, 9, 11|
Race 6: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(11) JET SKY broke the track record for this distance on her way to victory on March 10th. It was a very wet track that day and it was a big uptick in form – she was sent off seventh best in the betting – but she looks nicely in here and can repeat. (4) AMAZING TAPIT drops back in trip following two solid performances over a mile and should be on pace early with every chance of staying on for the business end. (7) APPLE GOLD’s latest two have been encouraging and while (8) BUSAN MISO found himself up against it in the Classic Trial last month, he should be much more comfortable in this company and can go close. (12) SAROUN BARAM finally returns to the track after a lengthy absence. He had plenty of talent before and trialled up encouragingly last month.
|Selections||(11) Jet Sky (4) Amazing Tapit (8) Busan Miso (12) Saeroun Baram|
|Next Best||7, 10|
|Fast Start||4, 9, 10|
Race 7: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) TRUE KING has never finished worse than 4th in seven starts so far and ran out a good winner at this class over a mile on March 22nd. He tackles two-turns for the first time and carries more weight than he has before, but he still looks the one to beat. (7) BRIAN PARK has won his latest two, the most recent of which was at class and distance just two weeks ago. An apprentice jockey takes the edge off the weight and a repeat isn’t impossible. (12) IGGYDA is up in class and distance having won two of his first three and finishing 2nd in the other. He’ll be competitive and will likely be trying to lop the field early to get to the front. (3) POWER WINDY steps up significantly in trip after back to back wins but shouldn’t be completely ruled out. (11) TROPHY COLLECTOR is yet another who tries the distance for the first time, having run a strong 2nd at a mile last month.
|Selections||(1) True King (7) Brian Park (12) Iggyda (3) Power Windy|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 11, 12|
Race 8: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(3) CHEOLBI beat (5) CHALLANHAN MISO as the pair came home 1st and 2nd with a length and a half separating them at class and distance on March 10th. Both should be firmly in the hunt again, but we’ll side with Challanhan Miso to overturn the form this time. Those two should fill out the quinella but (11) STORM GOLD get weight form both and is up in class and distance following a gritty win over a mile four weeks ago. He’s been no worse than 3rd in any of his last five starts and can continue that record today. (1) PRIME RACE and (4) BAENGMANDORI are others who shouldn’t be far away.
|Selections||(5) Challanhan Miso (3) Cheolbi (11) Storm Gold (1) Prime Race|
|Next Best||4, 7|
|Fast Start||5, 9, 11|
Race 9: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(11) TANGY BITE ran out a good winner at this class over 1200M just two weeks ago, building on a 2nd place over a mile two weeks prior to that. He can settle on the outside of the leaders here and could be too strong in the home straight. (7) JUSTINE MAGIC returned from seven months off to run a good 2nd at 1200M three weeks ago and should have come on for that run while (8) TOKYO BLUE was a solid 5th in a strong class and distance event on March 29th and should be even more competitive here. (1) CHOEGANG BEONGAE can benefit from the drop in trip here while (2) YEONGGWANGUI CHAMP is up in class after a three-length score over 1300M a month ago and has nothing to fear at this level.
|Selections||(11) Tangy Bite (7) Justine Magic (2) Yeonggwangui Champ (8) Tokyo Blue|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 10|
Race 10: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(7) YEONGCHEON DERBY may not quite have lived up to her early potential but she’s still a winner of five of her eleven starts. Last time she ran at this distance she won, and she’s picked to win again today. (4) WIDAEHAN BISANG beat (8) HAEUNDAE YEOGEOL and (12) KKEUTPAN AERO when the three of them ran 4th, 5th and 6th respectively at class and distance on March 3rd. Kkeutpan Aero and Haeundae Yeogeol returned to run 1st and 3rd two weeks ago and all three should be in the hunt again today. (6) YEONGHUI SIDAE races for the first time since November and looked sharp when winning a trial two weeks ago and accordingly goes straight into contention here.
|Selections||(7) Yeongcheon Derby (12) Kkeutpan Aero (6) Yeonghui Sidae (4) Widaehan Bisang|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 10, 12|